Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Another failed attempt

16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lou, thanks for the PUPPY post, that is awesome! And it won't pee on the carpet! I second aloha, I love it when the longtimers come back & share this kind of wisdom. Thanks again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 141 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,551.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
this is my third time quitting once you decide you wnt to quit do it than cause if you wait you might not feel the same later [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Alohakeia! It's my pleasure to come back here and meet you newbies. I just so want to share in your efforts and prove to you that this is doable. I tried and tried so many times. As to the weight gain, yes, I "balooned out" a bit but not for long. It was just a body reaction, a big change to it but I assure you all that it stabilizes after a while and I'm back to normal now. I've been kinda skinny all my life, so I'm enjoying the few extra lbs. I weigh 140 now, from 118 as a smoker, and I look great if I may say so myself. Just check out my reward in the Stats Parade thread on the Big List and you will understand why I'm so overjoyed with quitting smoking! Louise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1654 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 33,080 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14,059.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 218 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$45,415.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5382 Hours: 13

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
man oh man i love this site Lou, thanks for sharing PUPPY I so appreciate you long timers sharing these gems with the rest of us. Nice quit btw :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 192 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,305.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear One More Try, I want to tell you something. A quit is personal. The fact that your husband still smokes is really "none of your business" to put it bluntly. My husband still smokes and he smokes in the car, in his car, not mine. And there's nothing I can do about it. I chose to quit, he hasn't. Does that make sense? I just want you to understand that. Those are nicodemon excuses. Have you ever seen the PUPPY thread on here? It dates back to the early in my quit. I am pasting it here, as I have always treasured a lot of stuff from this site. Keep trying until you get it right. It took me many attempts to get to where I am now. Lou From Vancouver, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada Here is the copy/paste: ��let me share this with you. It is our P.U.P.P.Y., as written by Nancy D:� as quoted by Kestrel P.U.P.P.Y. A quit is very PERSONAL. You may be self-absorbed, even selfish. There are some things about it you will tell no one. Guard your quit as if it were your most precious asset. A quit is UNIQUE. It�s not one-size-fits-all, not even one-size-fits-most. There are similarities in experience, yet how you feel about and react to each experience can barely be communicated, let alone shared. The PLAN (the Journey provided by this site) is a living document. Work it, and rework it. As you learn and grow, you will have more insights, and perhaps become more honest with yourself. Go back to your Glovebox, and refine the contents, making them better and stronger. PARTICIPATION in the forums is a lifeline. For some, that means they will post a lot. Others may only read a lot. But there is help, wisdom, and laughter there for you. YIELD to the changes you must make. Some will be painful, and temporary. Others will be lifelong, and wonderful. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1654 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 33,080 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14,059.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 218 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$45,415.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5382 Hours: 13

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 277 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you so much for all the advise and support. I have decided to move my quit date up to November 1st. I've got a few things happening in October that I know will be stressful. Wish me luck and I am sure I'll be posting lots in November. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -768 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-291.84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -436743
16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Entitle your new quit "MY FOREVER QUIT". Grab hold of it and don't let go no matter what. You CAN do it and will be so glad you did. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 817 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,859.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 73 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One, Our sweetheart couple John and Sue from NC are a rare breed. Very few couples quit together. You'll hear more of "my wife quit 5 years ago and now I'm quiting". Even in my own family I quit first. Now my eldest daughter is now quit for 3 months....AND.... my youngest daughter just got a script for chantix. If we tried to do it together we would have colapsed when the other failed. Why? ...because the quit would not have been about "ourselves" but about each other. Quiting needs us to be selfish for awhile. It needs to be all about US and for US. You can do this. If you did it for two weeks you can do it for a lifetime. Your husband may not want to quit out of fear. You may be the very avenue that takes that away when he sees your positive happiness in a new and better smoke free life. Do it when the time is right! Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 248 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,108.56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
December 1st? Which year? What Healer said and if the answer to her question is that you do want to be quit more than you want to smoke, how about - October 1st - this year?!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/18/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1226 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 24,520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �6,130.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 196 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$56,815.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1125 Hours: 6

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
no it's not I've done it twice each time I have stayed quit longer each time I'm starting over for my third time it's gets easier each time and longer success each time I hope this will be the last time for me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 80 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19

Reading this thread: