Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,500 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Preparing to quit

16 years ago 0 82 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wheeley, I'm new here too and my quit date is just 4 days before yours so we'll be just about on the same time line. Congrats to you and your husband on your decision to quit together. That's fantastic. My husband quit smoking 7 years ago and he's really excited that I've decided to quit..finally. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -68 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-16.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -34426
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wheeley, Welcome to you and your husband! Please take the time to work through our online quit program in preparation for your quit. It is a great ressource that will help you both plan how you will tackle cravings and other triggers. Keep us posted. Danielle ____________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wheeley welcome to you and hubby congrats on your decisions to quit good luck you will get lots of support here lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 215 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �860.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$113,517.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6490 Hours: 14

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wheeley! Congrats on your decision to quit! I can't take Zyban either but many people here use Chantix. If you do go cold turkey, be prepared for the nicodemon. He'll try to tell you that you have it harder than your husband and will try to make an excuse for you to smoke. Don't listen to him. Once you get past those first three days and your body is nicotine free, it'll start adjusting to functioning without nicotine and it will get easier. I'm not trying to be all doom and gloom. I just want you to be prepared. My ex-girlfriend and I quit together once and while she was at the beginning of Zyban therapy, she told me one day that she'd only had for cigarettes. Nicodemon was telling me how unfair it was making me want to have a cigarette. Then, I went on Zyban. Big mistake! It really messed with my brain - so much so that I don't know how it can also be used as an anti-depressant. When you have cravings, just remember that they typically last three minutes whether you smoke or not. They might become more intense as the nicotine leaves your body up to the third day and then will become less intense and less frequent thereafter. I wish you two the best! Keep coming here and you'll do fine. Craig [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congradulations on your decision to quit together. I would think it will be easier for the both of you this way. I too and preparing to quit. My date is May 28. I only have a few cigs left before then so am rationing them out because I refuse to buy another pack. Good luck I know you all can do it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -10 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-2.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -3476
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wheeley, I quit for the very same reason at first, by the end of the first week I was doing because I wanted to. DH and I are doing great and you guys will too! This place is awesome support, come by often for reinforcement. Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great to meet you Wheeley, I think you're going to find help here, I did. It wasn't the first time I had tried to quit but it was the first time I've not been alone on a quit. There are so many great "quit buddies" here that have been there before or are there right now with you. Share your thoughts and your experiences. It really does help. I hope you and your husband get it done! All the best to you. Tom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $302.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, wheeley, welcome to you and your husband. Like callmemommom, this has been my most positive quit because of this site & I know it's my last one. It's great that you're quitting together & you have come to the right place. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $143.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duh, silly me, I should get new glasses. You are quitting together. Wonderful. Just ignore me and keep posting. LOL Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,030 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $489.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wheeley, and welcome. What a wonderful thing you are doing for yourself, your hubby, and your family. You will not regret it. I have tried quitting before (as so many of us have) and I have not been successful until this time. I am convinced it is because of the support of people on this site. Yes, come here any time you are 'jonesing' and share your experiences with us. Many will tell you just don't smoke that cig until you have posted here and received several replies. My only suggestion is that you smoke your last cigs together. If you are smoking for a couple of days after his last cig, it will be even harder for him. We know that the first few days are the worst since it takes 3 days for the nicotine to leave the body. Why not quit together??? What a wonderful gift to each other! Good luck! Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,030 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $489.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11

Reading this thread: