Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

New guy

17 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for clearing that up for me Danielle and Sunshine. It was a question I'd been wondering about, but felt stupid asking. So, Bear..you slipped...you didn't relapse. You have been a non-smoker for a month. We'll all cheer you on to another month : ) -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,197 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $197.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, are you okay?? Are you still with us?? Please post and let us know how you are doing.. Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 468 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,971 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1638 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$229,938.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 22

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear oh Bear, I'm so sorry, I wish I had been here earlier. What happened? Was it Jack Daniels? Just because you smoked today does not mean you can't get back up and brush yourself off and get on with your quit. I believe you can do this Bear. You also believe it, so gather your thought and start again. Bear, did you have the patch on? Are you still smoking? The difference between a slip and a relapse is, a slip is when you maybe take a few puffs, and a relapse is when you continue to smoke. What ever you did just chalk it up as a learning experience. I am just so sad for you. Stay with us Bear, you will make it. I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! I'm thinking of you....... Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 468 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,971 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1638 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$229,938.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 22

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aloha, Generally, a slip is considered as a single isolated incident. Ex: 1 cigarette, 1 puff. A relaspse is when an individual continues to smoke after their slip. Most often, this leads the individual back to smoking as much as they did before they slipped. Danielle ____________________ The SSC Support Team
Thanks, Danielle. I think I'm a bit more prepared this time..just caught me by surprise last time That brings up another question...what's the difference between a slip and a relapse? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,193 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $197.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, Sorry to hear about your slip but a slip doesn't have to mean a relapse if you stop it dead in its tracks. Learn from this slip and keep going with your quit! Aloha, There is no single reason why some slip. Some more common factors related to slipping include: * Stress, Anger, Sadness, Alcohol and the thought, "I can have just one." If you're worried, the best thing you can do is plan ahead. Have your coping strategies and distractions close at hand. Also be sure to have a reward in place. Hope this helps. Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
Bear oh Bear! I've been following your trip through quitland from the start, as I quit the day after you. Was just about to do the big congrats on your month when I got to your last post. I've been noticing in myself as well as in some others, that either the day of the anniversary, or the day after, often spells TROUBLE. My eighth day was the Worst day. Not sure why this is, but have seen and experienced it a number of times. Maybe it has something to do with the association between celebrating and smoking? So, what's your plan now? I hope it is to dust yourself off and get back up on that pony. You did make it thirty days, and I am sure you can make it another thirty...and more! I really really hope that you don't let nicotine get firmly entrenched in you again. much aloha -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,192 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $197.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kayla I,m in trouble !!
17 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Complete Disastre. Today smoked drank got into a fight fell down big time I not omnipotent but I,m still here...
17 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations, Bear! What kind of rose bush? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,055 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $319 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: