Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,555 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

New guy

17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am with you man...I smoked for 35 years and quit 1-1-07...and I can tell you, quitting drinking was a whole lot easier. Two things that might help you....be glad you quit everytime some non-smoking ******* or pushy public throws another law or comment at you...I for one found this to be my primary reason for quitting, along with raising the cost everytime you turn around, the new laws are pretty clear...smoking has no place in today's society. Second, quitting as a personal challenge...it is one of the most difficult things you can do...and if you say I can do this for one year, just to show ME I can do it, then maybe after a year I really will not want to smoke anymore. Until then I can tell you the cravings seem to get stronger after two months, to the point of telling yourself....what the hell am I doing, I smoke and that's that....fight it off, because you know you can do it for a year...and when they are really strong, take pleasure in fighting off the urge, a personal pat on the back....good luck..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,458 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $999 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, I am so happy to hear that you got back on the pony (sorry, Ed)..um, I mean tractor. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,253 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Guys Thanks for all support once again.The old Bear just got a little silly on friday.I was feeling so good I thought I could feel gooder ;p I will only be working on the golf course 3 days a week just enough to pay down those maxed out credit cards.The ones I used for nicotine and alcohol :quest: The rose is a white hybrid tea Sunshine. Kayla my dove.I,m sorry you,re not feeling big boots.Try some cough candies I don,t think they,ll conflict with your meds and It,ll ease your throat and cough. Well I owe I owe it,s of to work I go.This is not a tough job all I do all day is ride around on a tractor cutting grass.Piece of cake. talk to you later. ;)
17 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bear, Just thought I would drop by and see how your doing today. Glad you didn't relapse. Kev [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �25.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, hope you had a good day at the golf course. I have been waiting for you to check in, and tell us all about your day. Working is hard on us older people. Since you quit smoking, you should have more energy. But don't over do save some work for tomorrow. How is our rose bush doing, do you know what color it is? I can't wait for you to tell us about it. I hope I see a post from you tomorrow. Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 469 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,989 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1641.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$229,938.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 23

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sweetie Bear I'm sorry I didn't log on yesterday to celebrate your 30th but I'm on today to celebrate your 31st day!!!! Don't beat yourself up. If I have it right you have not smoked and if you did it was a slip but I take it Jack got the best of you??? All things considering you picked yourself back up and not giving up. Now this is the bear I know!!! So double CONGRATS on the job and 31 days. I'm still dealing with stuff and still not sleeping from this strep. I'm starting to worry about the cough though. It's the worst it's been and that is what is keeping me up most. It's one of those dry cough that breaks a rib. Anyway I'm sorry I wasn't there for you but know your in my thoughts and in my heart. Special fondness for a fellow truck driver. Be proud of yourself, you have accomplished a great deal. Tell your landlady you could use one of her pies to cheer you up and next time let me handle the Jack for you that isn't part of my quit only the smoking and eating healthy. I could use Jack once in a while just not too often. Stay sweet and hang in there. Arm yourself against those triggers!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,286 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $396 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, :) Glad you're back. Kick some ash. Growl if you need us. Pat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1162 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$121,190.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 965 Hours: 7

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, So you had a bad "good" day, celebrating your quit a bit too much, eh? I am surprised you let the addict win, I know you are stronger than that. But you arent the first to slip, nor the last. Just remember how far you have come, how much better you feel, how much support you have, and get right back on the wagon. You can do this, my friend, we are pullin' for you like you can't believe. We even have the horse to help. You are in very good company. Go water the roses and stop kicking yourself! (((hug))) Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,991 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $320.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
Odat1952, Welcome to SSC, look at you already with 79 days congratulations. You ask when will the eating stop...hmmmmmm. I'm still asking that question. Every thing just tastes and smells so good. Glad you are feeling better. If possible stay really busy, and exercise. Drink lots of water. Have you introduced yourself on the main forum? Go to the page that tell you how many have signed on and how many are on the instant messenger, look to the left and it will give you a choice of categories. The one you want is Introduce yourself.... Sorry Bear, just wanted to welcome Odat1952. Still thinking of you Bear.... Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 469 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,979 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1641.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$229,938.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Good Morning Bear, So good to hear from you this morning. And happy to know that you are back on the quit wagon. I was so afraid that we would not hear from you again. I should have known better, bears are tough... I'm glad you are back at the golf course, that will keep you busy and out of trouble. I'll be waiting for you post this afternoon. Have a great day!! :) Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 469 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,979 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1641.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$229,938.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: