Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

New guy

17 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tutti. The post was about your unique way of preparing for a Texas Tornado if you get my drift. :blush:
17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Bear, Good to see you posting today. No cutting grass today, try to stay busy. I know it can be hard sometimes to find something to do. Staying on SSC and reading and posting will pass many hours away. Yes Bear, we all have those triggers, or habits. Especially when you have finished a job or going through a situation that you have always smoked. That is where the tools we possess comes in. Like straws, hard candy, gum, rubber bands, exercise, like I read one time if it takes a passifer do it. Bear, what kind of pictures are you talking about? I've never seen any personal pictures posted. Go to feedback and ask the Mods. Bear, you are talking about pitfall's don't worry about them before they happen. Like last Friday when you celebrated too much, you could have come to SSC and posted and we would have all been here for you. Always remember to post and wait for 6 - 8 replies. Give yourself a chance to let us help you. Bear, you are doing really well just look at your 34 days that is awesome. Have a wonderful smoke-free day!!! :) Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 472 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,033 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1652 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 69 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$229,938.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 22

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hey Josie I was thinking more along the lines of landscapes,flora and fauna,???? :)
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, No personal identifiable information is allowed to be posted. Use the IM Messenger to exchange contact information and to connect with other members on a daily basis :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear!! Huh? No, I didn't see you post directed at me. :confuse: You got in trouble!!! Nanna Nanna Boo Boo!! ;p Bear, there may be some pitfalls and they're will be for all of us. We know what to do and that's come here and vent. You know we're all here for you and I know you're here for all of us too. Yea, we really need to think of some distractions. I have some triggers to work on and so do you. Heck, we all do. I guess we just have to train the old brain to live as a non smoker. Those old habits are real hard to break. Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,946 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $233.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
I was out in the yard scratching around in the ground when this thought crossed my mind???Would,nt it be awesome if we all had webcams ?? :p Can we post pictures here ??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $340 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
Hi Changing It does,nt look like have to worry about bahaving !! ;p I know I can count on you and the people here it,s very comforting.Theres going to be lots of pitfalls for this old dude,Its the nature of the beast. :p Tutti I,m just going to have to work out new rewards that don,t involve alcohol ??? You did,nt see my post yesterday directed to you it got censored. :blush:
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heya Bear, It probably doesn't seem like the time has gone by real fast for you. But look at your stats!!! You've been a non smoker for over a month now!! That sounds pretty darn good, huh? ;) You've done one heck of a job and I'm so proud of you. Bear, those are triggers that you're having. You know, wanting a cigarette after a task is completed, when you drink, etc. Completing a task and especially with spring here, is a HUGE trigger for me. I keep hunting for things to do to keep myself busy so that I won't smoke when I finish a chore. Coffee was a huge trigger for me too so I had to lay off of it for a good while. Then I started drinking it with cream in it when I'd always taken it black. Now I can drink it black and it doesn't trigger me to smoke. I'm still stumped on ideas to replace smoking after I complete a chore. I could just sit on my butt and not do ANY chores. That'd work. ;) No, no, no, then I'd want to smoke out of sheer boredom. :confuse: I'll have to give that one some more thought. Maybe you should not drink until you're further along in your quit. At least change your drink to something else, like I did with coffee, so that it won't be such a huge trigger for you. Anyway, we do all have those triggers and they seem to be pretty tough now that the weather has warmed up. I guess that's what they mean by going through all 4 seasons as a non smoker. :| I wonder which one we'll find the hardest. Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,944 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $233.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wouldn't trust that Astrology Forecast Bear! Afterall, how can a Bear be born in the year of the rabbit! But, if the forecast is correct - don't worry - we're all here for you and will support you through the "downs" and celebrate the "ups" with you! You're not getting rid of very easily - so just get use to the idea of being stuck with us Bear! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,078 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $383.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,500.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5541 Hours: 5

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I was just reading my Chinese Astrology Forecast for 2007. I was born in the year of the rabbit (1939) It says. The 3 Stages Star indicates strong support from those around you,so you,ll never be alone if you run against a brick wall. I guess this means you guys because your the only people I have around me.So get ready because the rest of the chart suggests this is going to be a roller coaster ride for the old Bear,with plenty of both high and low points ??? :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 618 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $340 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39

Reading this thread: