Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

first day

17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:blush: Spot... The reason I started smoking again was to lose weight (not for me...but ...for the new boyfriend that had "snaked" into my life during a manic phaze of my pre-menopausal era) (you think I'm kidding...oh no...I am not) If I had been able to convince a Doctor back then my hormones were driving me crazy....some blessed doctor would have put me on some anti depressant or anti psychotic drug or "something" and I would still be a Non-Smoker and I would not have been mislead...by a freakin "Player" (a womanizer who expects women to take care of them...they are all over the world and very prevalent to prey on middle aged women). The fact is...I was losing weight slowly and quite comfortable with my new lifestyle and exercise routine...and I loved being a non-smoker. I didn't want to start smoking again, but knew also that I would not remain a smoker...I would eventually quit again. He didn't see it that way though, I was 10 lb to heavy...that's all... 10 lousy pounds that were pretty stubborn to come off...(but they would have... eventually anyway) Times have changed my friends...we know nicotine mask depression, however there are other ways to deal with it...so seek a professionals help if you need to. Baby, ...Doctors and Diagnosis have come a long way since Freud! and...thank you spot...I like to think I am strong too. Some day...I would like to share my personal story...but I know the mods wouldn't appreciate it...LOL...I already write mini novels as it is...hee hee. I will tell you this..."all of you" When you quit for 10 years....You have Quit. When I started back, it was my choice...not my addiction...and I know many out there are going to try and say...aww come on you know you can't pick one up and never smoke again. I'm sorry guys...your wrong! When I started back...it was like the first time I picked up a cigarett when I was 13. It tasted nasty, I got light headed and I thought ...ewwwwhhh...Yuck!!! Hack Hack!!! I could have never lit another one...if I had chose...but...I had a mission to lose weight and that meant not eating...so the smoking had to replace my meals. My ten pounds came off within 30 days. Unfortunately...I fired up my old addiction too (but...it wasn't one cigarett that started the full fledge
17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thought my breaks would be harder to cope with but i'm doing ok, just back from lunch still no smoking. a bit figity at the moment but that will pass I'm sure
This has been a tough day, but I've managed not to give into the temptation. I feel a little calmer than I did earlier but i feel better already ;)
This is my first day, first post. Been planing on stopping today for a couple of weeks, just got by my tea break at work without having a smoke, my ear feel like they are popping though. Going cold turkey at the moment might get the patch though
17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, my name is Peggy and I also Quit today. I'm taking Chantix and it is helping. I did have several cravings today. I decided to start sewing and had cut the pattern out yesterday so I could have something to keep me busy. Hey, Maxie we have the same quit dates. We can go threw this together and have support from the others. I've smoked for 41yrs. and want to stay smoke free for the rest of my life. I know that we only have to do this a day at a time or a minite, whatever it takes, right! I glad to have help along the way. Thanks for the support!
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maxie , listen to aunt deb. You sound a lot like me . I also quit for 3 yrs. & 2 on another occasion. Aunt Deb , you sound so strong , what was the "real" reason for starting again ?
17 years ago 0 357 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maxie, Congratulations on your quit!!! I too have used the patch, I too quit once for 3 years. So what is different this time around? This website has helped me through the whole process of preparing and quitting. Hang close to this site- read and post often, we are all here for support and to support others. Keep the quit and keep us posted. Good Luck!! Dupe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 115 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi maxim and scot and everyone its my 2nd day today and seems to be going quite well, I am using Zyban, my biggest motivation is from the 2nd of April there will be no smoking in Wales, anywhere inside I dont want to be one of the sad people smoking outside in all weathers. I did that in Belgium a few weeks ago and it made me feel terrible, and thats when I decided smoking is now getting frowned upon, worldwide so its going to be tougher to find places to smoke. I knew all the health scares, and the cost of smoking, and that didn't do it for me, but to feel like an idiot outside the hotel standing there in the rain and cold, the non smokers must of thought I was bonkers, and who could blame them anyway good luck to us all, we want to be free just like all the non smokers of this world. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 41 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �7.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Maxie and everyone, axie this is my 2nd day to quit,, tough but so far i am making it,, i use the chantix, and also had some bupropion sr with zban , drugist they would not interact so i started using both,,,, i dont crave a cig as much as they are on my mind and think i need one,,,, I know we can do it if we just set our minds to it,,, right now i have several other things going on and makes it hard time to quit, had part of colon taken out in dec and got the staph infection and ecoli and almost kicked the bucket,, i never ask for a pap smear but knew i was couple months past time so called dr and said maybe i should, well now have polyps in the womb and other place,, any way enough of that just so many things , but so far nothing real bad,,, i had decided to give up smoking before all this tho. and had set my date for the 18th of march, i laid them down night of the 16th and have not picked up one yet,,,, close but havent,,, good luck to you,,,, remeber you can do it
17 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kayla, this is my 3rd day to quit also.... taking chantix and bupropion,,,, had some desires to smoke but pasted them up... so far i am hanging in and plan on hanging forever... good luck everyone and together we can do it

Reading this thread: