Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

HELLO EVERYONE I AM NEW

17 years ago 0 710 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
are you having any side affects from the wellbutrin? Bobbi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, I have just decided today that I want to quit smoking. My husband found this site, and I am excited about quitting (and terrified). My quit date is Monday, March 5. I have tried many many times, to no avail... so I am hoping this will work for me and I can finally be smoke-free after 11 years. :)
17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there, I just took my first Wellbutrin this evening and have March 7 as my quit date. How is it workng for you? Tomorrow is your big day. Congratulations. I am here if you need some support and hope that you will support me as well when I am ready to pull my own hair out at the roots because I'm craving a cig so bad!!! ;)
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I am new. I have smoked for I think around 48 years, starting with harsh non-filters. I believe that I have wanted to quit on and off for about 46 of thosse years. I have made many attempts, but gave up either because of the emotional upheaval or the weight gain and the fact that I felt like my body was turning against me. I know I am done now. I have weaned myself down to almost nothing, but I can't quite "let go absolutely", but on the other hand I can't go back, either. It's like there is nothing back there for me. It stopped working for me. I feel like, I can not smoke. Not smoking is not the most difficult part. The most difficult part is participating in life in a functional way while not smoking. I feel so disoriented. Just "not smoking" keeps me busy. I am busy not smoking. I can't find things, etc.--in fact I have been trying to figure out how to get on here for over a week and couldn't figure out the process. I got myself so frustrated that I used that for an excuse to smoke. I never smoke a whole cig any more, just a couple of drags here and there, but I want that to stop. I don't smoke in the house or in my car, and I know that the withdrawl symptoms will get better with time. This is not the first thing I have quit. But I know that I would not have been able to do the other without support. I am setting the time between Sunday March 4th and Monday the 5th to be the first 24hour period with absolutely no nicotine, well with no cigarette or portion of one. I do have a Nicotrol inhaler which someone who wants to see me succeed gave to me. I have used it once, but prefer not to substitue if at all possible. I have found that smelling eucalyptus oil is very helpful. I have very limited funds and poor teeth, so healthy foods are tricky, but I must address that, since I am less than 5 feet tall and slightly overweight already from the last few attempts at quitting. I'm thinking it is time to do it and get it over with. (Says she, with a bottle of water and a spoonful of peanut butter.) I can use all the help I can get. totemhome
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much, I am so glad to get feedback. I am so absolutely determined, but I have to hang onto that determination with a "death grip"--the way I protected my supply of smokes, I suppose. It just shocks me how my thinking and my resolve can turn in literally a heartbeat! I had not thought about oranges because I can get tangled up a bit with segments, but slices I might be able to manage. Now marshmallows, that's right up my alley, and also the solft mints. But I have to remember that I am not much taller than a midget (@ 5'11", I think), and I have dieted since I was 8 years old. Well, part of that time, I just starved myself. But at least one of my quits was abandoned because of weight gain. I was quitting because my doctor insisted and because of pride/self-image. Well, you can imagine how that went. Being overweight is as unhealthy for me as smoking used to be. This time I don't want to be an addict any more. I don't want that attachment. I don't want to live that way any more. But also, I would get horrendous coughs periodically, and with the last one, my lungs were soooo sore on both sides. Those things stop when I don't smoke and come right back (and I mean right back) when I do. I am going to have to get creative about snacks. I had finally recently gotten to a place where I would concentrate on eating every couple of hours something proteiny but good. Like yogurt or peanut butter or cottage cheese. I'm thinking I am going to have to maybe make mini yogurt ice-cubes or something so that I can eat them more often. I eat very little meat if any, but I am really having to learn some new eating habits. I'm trying to concentrate on living healthy rather than quitting anything. I'm good at obsessing, so that seems like a reasonable one. I babysit for my 1-yr old granddaughter, who weighed only 1 lb 14 ozs at birth, 3 monts premature, so there is no smoking anywhere inside. And I work at a drop-in center for recovery--but so many of the people still smoke. You know I caught myself feeling left out when they went out to smoke. And I am finding that I need to pick times to go out and just breathe and enjoy the fresh air. I live in snow territory, but that didn't stop me from standing out there in a blizzard to smoke, so I can sur
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI I AM NEW TO THE SITE JUST JOINED TODAY AND BUSY WORKING ON MY GLOVE COMPARTMENT STUFF JUST TAKING FROM IT FOR NOW....ANYWAYS I AM A 33 YEAR FEMALE THAT HAS BEEN SMOKING FOR MORE THAN HAVE HER LIFE...MY QUIT DATE IS CURRENTLY SET FOR MARCH 1, 2007...I AM CURRENTLY SLOWLY PREPARING MYSELF FOR MY QUIT DATE THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR- TAKING WELLBUTRIN I WENT FROM FULL FLAVOR, TO LIGHTS, AND WILL BE MOVING DOWN TO ULTRA LIGHTS TODAY... STOP SMOKING IN THE HOUSE STARTING TODAY I WILL BE NO LONGER SMOKING IN MY CAR SINCE I HAVE BEEN DOING THESE THINGS I HAVE STARTED TO NOTICE THAT I AM GOING LONGER AND LONGER WITHOUT SMOKING AND BECAUSE OF THE WELLBUTRIN IT IS DESTORYING THE TASTE AND I THINK ITS HELPING THE CRAVINGS TO.... SO AT THIS POINT I AM JUST LOOKING FOR OTHER SUGESSTIONS THAT MIGHT BE HELPFUL ALONG THE WAY.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi cali congrats on your decision! im a few years older than you and started smoking at 15, probably the same for you. i have tried and failed a few times and have learned what i was doing wrong. i kept dwelling on the fact that i wanted to smoke so bad. i should have had a positive attitude and focused on the good, not the bad. im feeling much better now than all the other times i tried to quit and i know %100 i wont smoke again. its all about your attitude. patience pass up the good for the great welcome and keep us posted [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 117 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
caliprocto welcome and lots of good luck mitri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 109 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$295,288.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 11

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Caliproctor! I'm not normally a welcomer for I'm still new and don't want any words of wisdom to be off. So I won't give any except to say what I know is that light cigs are a crock...just cut down. I like what you have done deciding not to smoke in the house and car. Those are biggies to have behind you when you've quit. Good luck! Cry out here if you need to. Good people hear listen well :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 878 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Freedombound, I couldn't find your post!! ha ha ha I couldn't remember where you had originally posted and where I had replied. After that, I couldn't find you. I had to plunder through the posts until I found you again. ha ha ha I gotcha now though!! Tomorrow, do you think you could go to the top of the forums and click, "Start a New Conversation?" I can tell that no one else has seen your post here on this thread. I know they all want to welcome you and support you too. Plus, I'll be able to find you easier. ha ha I love your posts and you just talk all that you want to. As long as it helps you to Quit, that's what we're all here to do. I'll be needing your support too. That's what we all do, we just support each other so we can kick this nasty habit. You sure are busy and that's great. That'll help to keep you distracted from smoking. Those breaks where everyone goes out to smoke, I know that's hard on you. Right now, I would just avoid those breaks this early in your quit and then later, take your snacks outside but stand clear of the smoke. You'll know when you're ready to expose yourself to that kind of temptation. I browsed through Wal-Mart tonight and I thought about you. I found those sugar free jello gelatin cups that you can have and also sugar free jello pudding cups. Those will be easy for you to have and not fattening either. You can buy the gelatin or pudding cups already made up or you can do like me and just make a big bowl. I think it goes further and you can fill your own cups. Plus, it's less expensive and you can use low fat milk in the puddings. You need some Cool-Whip with that too. HA HA Can you handle crackers okay? If so, sour cream with Ranch Dip Mix would be good with crackers. Then have some green olives and black olives to go with it. Even some cheese. I saw lots of Russell Stover sugar free candies on the candy isle at Wal-Mart. I saw chocolate covered coconut bars, like an old fashioned Mounds bar. I'd just get a little bag of sugar free candies because you don't want to eat too many.....remember, the sugar free stuff has a laxative effect if you eat too much. I found that out the hard way and had to jump a fence. ha ha ha ha Man, that's sharing a lot, huh? But that's a lot of h

Reading this thread: