Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

I made it 20 days and caved

17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jump back on......be strong! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
17 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the laugh. My name is Terri. Porky is my pug puppy. The doctor wants to wait til I'm off some of these harder drugs. The vicodin and the valium should be done in about 3 more weeks. Once I become more steady on my feet and the back heals. I think the first days are the easiest. The 20th day was a killer. I wish I would have fought it harder but I didnt. So I'm starting all over. If I could walk for more than 15 minutes i think it would be alot easier to fight the demon. I can't smoke and walk. haha Not that talented. I have learned alot from this site in just one day alone though. I never knew about the water. It really does help. Thanks for all the support. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 73 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
Hello niks I to had cervical cancer in 1989. I had an hysterectomy and was lucky enough not to have chemo. That was exactly how I smoked last Friday. We came from the mall and my husband lit up and I did too. Really without even thinking. When it hit me it was way to late. It tasted good although it made me dizzy. I am back trying again. It doesn't seem as hard this time. Although I really do want one. Luckily my husband is at work so I don't have to smell them or have them here to tempt me. I smoked 3 packs a day most of the time. I was a heavy smoker. I hope it works this time. good luck to you too. I'm glad you didn't have any with you. I do understand how you forget that you're not a smoker anymore.
haha Most people tell me i am very bull headed. I guess I am. But sometimes I think this smoking thing is way bigger than me. I should go to bed and forget about it for the night but I get caught up on myspace and end up staying up late. I have support there too. But most of them don;t smoke so they have no clue.
Oh Tutti. I hope it gets easier for you. Maybe a long shower and brush your teeth will help. Thats what I did awhile ago and I fought the urge. Just waiting for the next one. haha I know it will come. Good luck fighting it. Do you have zanax for your attacks? My Dr. said wellbutrin helps also. I havent tried that but maybe someone knows. Good luck.
OMG you are so right. I never put that together. It was mind over matter after the first few days. Thanks for the new thoughts. Now at least I know what to expect from the demons. lol
Day2. I just got out of bed and man I would love to light one up. But I'm going to take a shower and do my 15 minute walk and chew on some mints. Then call the Dr. and ask for some help. Good luck to all today.
I just cried when I read this. I am sad and depressed. Sitting around and doing nothing is terrible. If only there was something I could do. I can only sit for 15 minutes at a time and walk for 15 minutes at a time. I get so bored. Before surgery I smoked 3 packs a day cause of all the pain I was in. The sciatica was awful. But I know that I have to quit or I'll be right back where I was. Plus I just found out one of myspace friends is dying of lung cancer. He quit smoking over 20 years ago. That really scares me. I am a cancer survivor. I had cervical cancer in 1989. I was lucky and they performed a hysterectomy and no chemo was needed. Thank you for your support so far. I will need to lean on you alot.
Thank you. I was impressed with your wording. Thank you for your support. I'm sure I will need more and more each day. I am trying to make a plan on what i will do with the money I save. Since I smoked almost 3 packs a day I should end up with some money. haha Maybe a trip or a new dining room outfit. Maybe new clothes since I will probably gain some weight. Since I am home bound for 3 more weeks I am sure I will gain lots more. But if I'm not smoking maybe I can increase my daily mile walk into 2 miles or more. Thanks guys I love the support...
I will call the Dr. in the morning. Right now I am on vicodin,valium and zanax. I'm not sur if my body can take more meds but I will talk to him about it. When I was in the hospital they gave me a patch but I'm not sure it helped because I was so drugged anyway. I think I made it the 20 days because I was taking so many meds. But I sure will let you know what the Dr. says. Thank you

Reading this thread: