Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,531 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

I cant believe i am angry and depressed and i only quit yesterday

17 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I thought I was the only angry one! I am so full of anger - it physically HURTS! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,268 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $300 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$23,843.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6423 Hours: 9

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey babygirl... I love your screename. My old BF used to call me that all the time and I loved it so instantly I like you! I am just into this too, day 13 which is HUGE for me. Just hang on and understand NOPE (not one puff ever) and it DOES get easier. Unless you have a puff, then you're gonna drag out that terribly ugly mood forever. I think day 5 is finally when I shook it. Every now and then I get a nic fit and totally snap (the other night it was a viscious text message sent!). Of course, when I analyze it a bit more, maybe my evil-ness is a part of my personality I was denying by having smokes to supress it. Damn, I hope not! We are here for you and becoming OCD with this site helps to keep those cravings in check. If you post something even if it's a pity party rant, then by the time you are done writing, editing, posting that nic-fit will be gone. Thats how I made it the first few days... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$227,080.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4954 Hours: 13

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heya Babygirl, how's it going for you today? I'm sure you're still plugging away at it. Me too!! ha ha I had a rough night last night and almost caved in but didn't. I found a pack of smokes in my husband's work truck!! He had bought them to arm himself against my wrath while I'm going through withdrawals. I went out to check out the Cd player in the truck and there they were. I knew if I'd opened them, I would have smoked the whole pack. I came to this site instead and found support here. I no longer have that unopened pack of smokes to tempt me. I do admit that part of me wishes I hadn't given them to my husband to get rid of. Nope, I couldn't do it myself but, I didn't open them. That says something. I'm still crabby and even more so now that I gave away that full pack of cigarettes for my husband to get rid of for me. So, I thought of you and wanted to touch base with you. Let me know how you're doing when you can. Okay? I really do care and God knows, I truly do understand what you're going through. And.....it sucks!! By the way, I love your nickname. I had to put that in there after reading all of the posts. ha ha My nick is pronounced Tootie and it was given to me as a baby by my dad after Tutti Frutti ice cream. I'm 46 years old and the name is still with me so, I just had to add my comment about yours. You wanna trade? ha ha ha Take Care and Good Luck!! Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 121 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5.58 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
babygirl, I have to tell you, your post was so honest and I could feel what you're going through. I thought it was just me but, neither one of us are jerks. We are addicts. I just quit on Valentines Day and I'm not just a real peach to be around right now either. Let's just keep talking to each other and listening to everyone else. Keep venting when you need to, okay? Take care and keep plugging away at it. Tutti
Thank you Josie for your post. I really appreciate it and I've pasted it on a word document for constant referral. Now Babygirl, you're like me too by relying on humor. Have you seen the movie "Anger Managment" with Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler? The part where they're on the highway and they're both singing, "I Feel Pretty." ha ha ha I keep singing that song in the goofiest voice I can come up with each time a craving hits or when I start feeling crabby. And, look in the mirror while making ridiculous expressions and sing, "You are so beautiful to me." ha ha ha Corny song and it has become a joke but that's the point. Now I'm using your Arnold impression. I have to laugh. I'd rather do that than cry and wallow in self pity. Then I tell myself, "Wait, I'm not being deprived of a thing here. I'm depriving those smokes from controlling my life. I'm the one in charge." I'm still chipping away at the minutes and hours. We'll keep right on working at it together. Thank you so much for your help and support. This site and everyone here are priceless. Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 147 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5.58 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Peteg...hmmmm I guess I should thank you. You made me angry, then made me think. Then I thought some more and figured "Holy Cow..how juvinile is it to judge someone by their name?" That is a nickname that, like most, was given by others. I got it my first year firefighting. That was ten years ago.. as for being immature or anything else that anyone wants to associate with a NAME, I am a survivor of child rape, years of child abuse, a parent that committed suicide, Cardiomyopathy, two bad heart valves and a myriad of health problems and a three pack a day habit...I am thirty-SEVEN in one week, and I'M STILL TRYING. So yeah, you were wrong about me...As for the rest of you..Bless your hearts and thanks so much for supporting me when i needed it. I got thru reading your words of encouragement, and today IS easier than yesterday. My prayers for all..including Peteg, because in a way..you did help me. :) PROUDLY: BABYGIRL
I do not know where you found that...or if you wrote it...but i feel like it came from my heart. Everything. It that what everybody feels like who is addicted to cigarettes?? It is kind of sad. But then again...that means you DO know and i am not the only one out here. Bless your heart NONIC for that post. And for the encouragement..I need it. I did do the planning and steps here, i know what to do...but it feels like the emergency someone always plans for, but hwen it comes your standing screaming in the middle of the room. Lost is the planning and preparedness and in comes the panic! Thankyou for that little "shake" and i think i have my bearings for a bit. I am gonna hang on, even with my nails! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
I quit before...almost six months and i got hurt at work, started smoking again and threw it all away. I quit so many times, and it was easy to quit. I just stopped..it was the staying quit tha i couldn't do. I always thought..i will just quit again. Now...i took forever to quit again. I couldn't pic a date..i couldnt stick to it...the day came and i just couldn't do it. I did it last night. and today i am angry. I am mad because i want that cigarette. I miss that cigarette. It is my best friend. It is here when i am bored, alone, sad, happy and ANGRY. My husband is a non-smoker. He thinks i have lost my mind today. I have cried. I have yelled and snapped and apoligized...WHY IS THIS SO HARD THIS TIME????? I am NOT going back. I have prepared to go the long haul, i just feel like i am not going to make it. I can't believe how i miss it already. maybe if i get it out right now, here, and say it i can get past it. I feel like an idiot. I feel like a jerk to my family...why can't i do this. I mean i am...but grrrrrr. One of you knows don't you???? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
You know what i have found..That the encouraging posts on the boards are great to read..but ( and i say this guiltily) i have avoided the ones like mine like the plague! It is hard to hear other peoplespain. Today i went browsing and found a new post that kind of struck a cord with me. I actually made a reply. I hope i encouraged him, i hope he kows he's not alone. It also makes me think i better not give up so easy..i actually told someone they could do it! If i give that out i better not buckle...just because it has been four days doesn't mean that ONE cigarette will be okay. I am hanging around alot today...that "want" has been hanging around me like a stone on my neck! I must say, this morning when i sat up in bed, i didn't have that cramped lung feeling..that was nice> :) HOPE YOU ALL HAD A NICE DAY [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 309 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
oh yeah!!!!! WATER TASTES SO MUCH BETTER NOW!! I CAN'T BELEIVE IT! my drink of choice has always been something sweet. or coffee, beleive it or not to get the nasty taste out of my mouth! How ironic is it??? I am still tryin and hope you are too. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 309 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: