Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,531 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

new just given up

17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello i am on day 2 of giving up not been to bad so far today is a little worse than yesterday but i am managing so far justhope i can do it this time [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �4.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello every one thank you so much for your support I have been out tonight with all my friends i annouced when i got to the pub i had given up smoking and they all just looked at me none of them offered my a ciggy although i was craving for one but could not let myself down after my big annoucement i have now done 48 hours and i am still chewing gum but can honestly say it has not been too bad so far i know i have a long way to go and am taking each hour as it comes thanks again Regards Chris [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 34 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �4.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW! That is really impressive -- out with smoking friends, drinking and no smoking! Really, really proud for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 230 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do it. The next two or three days are Hell, plain and simple. I'm in day 6 and today, I feel like I've made it partially up through the walls of Hell. Not out of the hole yet, by any means, but today is definitely an improvement. Oh yeah, I've found that letting really good dark chocolate slowly melt in your mouth helps, immensely. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 227 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome. I have to say, I love the honest replies! The truth is, to quit, you just have to not smoke. And puke, and cry, and run circles (I danced to the Grateful Dead for 2 songs and spun around!) Please do the tools, they help big time! Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chris, this place RAWKS! LAst night I thought I was either going to go get a pack or start on demolition of a wall... expanding the living room by hand and there were a few people on that late (THANK GOD) and got my mind right back in my head and out of the smoke. What is your method? What are your reasons? What are your rewards? We can remind you of those when you need a helping hand! There is a post that has a fact on it that will blow your mind, "If we would take the nicodemon out of 1 cigg and inject it in our vein, we will immediately die" Can you believe that? How many of your lives have you saved in your 2 days? Read these posts and remember to take DEEEEEEEEP breaths, they will guide you! keep up the good work! YOU are in CONTROL now! Peace Dawn [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 118 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o99/joannsmi/Welcome2.gif[/IMG] Good for you on not smoking in the pub! I have to admit, I've found much more support here than with my friends in "real life". None of them smoke and they have no idea or understanding. Stay here and hang in with it... the support is fantastic! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 78 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.51 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Helloe to my fellow quitter across the pond! Welcome chrispw and congratulations on taking such positive steps to a healthy new life. It is great to have you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 90 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, read as much as you can! One it takes your mind off of things. Secondly, it helps you understand what your body is going through. Remember...one more minute, one more hour, one more day! J [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,245 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I believe you can. Congrats on one day. It's a big deal. Hang tough! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 86 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34

Reading this thread: