Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

12 hours

17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
12 hours of smoke free doing the patch not having cravings but my mind keeps saying smoke smoke
17 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
They say women use 3 times more words than guys do. Imagine all the words that women use when they are on their quit. I don't think words have stopped in my head since then. But I would rather talk then smoke so keep up the good work and you can beat this. It is just thoughts, your stronger than thoughts. Good luck and keep posting. Wendi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 442 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cathietri: That voice you keep hearing isn't your mind -- it's the nicodemon trying to convince you that you've made a bad decision to kick him to the curb. But you know better -- and despite how loud the voice may get, you're stronger. You KNOW you've made the right choice. Here are some better words: "I don't smoke." "I won't smoke." "NOPE - Not One Puff Ever". Remember: smoking is not an option. This will get better, I promise. Hang in there. Keep the faith -- and your quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,590 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $712 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cathietri, Welcome to the SSC and congrats on quitting smoking. I'm also using the patches and they work great for the physical symptoms of withdrawl, but they do kind of leave you to the task of the psychological symptoms. It's important to fill the gaps that you would normally smoke...first thing in the morning, during commericials, after meals, etc. Have a plan and mechanisms in place to replace the cigs. When the voices in your head keep talking....TALK BACK....fight off the voices, and post here if you need help or are weak. Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,291 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $319 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
make your mouth say "hell no, hell no, hell no" [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stay close to this site and read post after post (especially old posts)... there is a great deal of information here that will help and guide you to a successful Quit, friend. Glad you're here... post often. Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 306 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,732 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1422.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cath. Welcome to the SSC. Yes your mind will play games on you. Just don't smoke and you will be fine. Be sure to check out the tools to the left and develop a plan for the tough times. Congratulations on your decision to quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 552 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,056 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1932 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cathietri, What a start! You now get to be Cathiedoingit... The beginning of your journey is the hardest part that you are on. Not smoking during those first hours is hard, because the nicotine in your body is still crying out to be replenished. Be sure to drink water and juice, tea, coffee, (not alcolol) and keep flushing that nicodeamon from your body. As it washes out, you might feel some lightheadedness at times, don't get up to fast, but keep moving. Remember that you have reasons to keep doing this. If you haven't written them down, its not to late. Try and keep yourself relaxed and calm, the more you get worked up the stronger the craves become, its like a temper tantrum the nicotine is throwing in your body. Cut it short when you can and ride it out when you can't...You are strong enough to do this. Breath often. Come in and read and post when you feel like it. We will want to know how your doing. All the best. Cheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 550 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,215 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1567.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 74 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28

Reading this thread: