Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,781 Members

Please welcome our newest members: LBUELA, RBORBON, ATIQUI, A_Cyclist, Cecilia_EH

One day to go

17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm quitting tomorrow too. I've quit many times before, but this is the last time!
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Fagashlynne and Misty! How wonderful to feel supported! Misty, if I can do it, you can be a non-smoker, too. Fagashlynne, you've done really well, you're into your 3rd month being free already. Congratulations! Happy new year, and here's to a smoke-free 2007.
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've never done this before so not sure what to say. I, too, am quitting cigarettes on 1/1. Feeling typically apprehensive. Have quit many times in 36 years, with the longest quit lasting only 7 months. I've just finished Chopra's book on addiction and have come away with some new insight into smoking, but not too much as I'd hoped. I am hopeful that all of you reading this will be successful in quitting the addiction, and myself as well. I hope to write again when the withdrawal symptoms begin getting to me, both physically and emotionally. It's a wonderful thought that maybe through our writings we can find a communal strength to fight this.
17 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow,it is so great to know that I am not the only one that is going to quit! We shall kick this habit together! My poor husband and cats will have to put up with my foul moods but it will pass! Who knows,I might surprise myself and be a real angel NOT! Later [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Sparky and all you folks out there! This is my last day of being a slave, and I am smoking every chance I have. I want to really feel the difference when I no longer am killing my lungs. The reason I have failed in the past is because I did it all on my own. This time it is different-WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER! On my way to work, touch base with ya all later-Misty [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations to you, [b]Sparky, Misty, Jan58, and AngieAnn!!![/b] Welcome to the adventure that is "stopping smoking"! This site is extremely helpful when you're looking for answers, support, and distraction. The quit tools on the left side of the screen are a fantastic way to track your progress and help you understand and get through any difficult periods that you might encounter. Research, preparation and patience with yourself, will help you make your way to breaking the habit and the addiction! Best of luck to you...and please post often and let us know how you're doing and how we can help!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 342 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A CIGARETTE IS A PIPE WITH A FIRE AT ONE END AND A FOOL ON THE OTHER! Good luck to you all! Keep faith! Keep strong and you can beat it! I am living proof! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 888 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $242 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are we gonna tell our two Sparkies apart? I propose that Sparky #1 since you quit already, it is your responsibility to maintain your quit so that we can see that your quit meter is more advanced. In the event that Sparky #1 slips (which will not happen), then Sparky #2 it is your responsibility to maintain the more advanced quit meter. Does our new Sparky know how to show the meter yet? it took me a while to learn this. I'm just kidding about all this. I wouldn't mind having 200 Sparkies on the site if it meant that 200 more people would be quitting smoking. Welcome Sparky. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparky :) Welcome to the Stop Smoking Center forum. There are many friendly quitters here and it's a good place to be when you start thinking about smoking. It's also a big help if you plan to spend some time here daily to read old posts and to welcome and share your experiences with others just starting out. It might be surprising to you, but doing a simple thing like this really helps reinforce your determination to stick to the quit. Best wishes for a successful quit and a Happy New Year! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,359 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sparky and misty, just wanted to stop by and wish you both all the best for your quits you can do this congrats to both on your decision to quit believe in yourselves and you will do this lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,021 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �272 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$113,665.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6499 Hours: 3

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: