Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,781 Members

Please welcome our newest members: LBUELA, RBORBON, ATIQUI, A_Cyclist, Cecilia_EH

need feedback

17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
misty, it must be a control thing that we have over knowing our cigs arat our at reach if we so choose, remember, you are choosing so you shouldnt need to store any,it could just act as a temptation for you. but you know what if it works for you then go for it.
17 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have a few friend that quit 6 yrs ago, one common denominator was, they had an unopened pack in the cupboard (they could not be without that backup) Is this a good idea? I look forward to yuor feedback,Thanx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You know , I think I have known that I am the type of smoker that cannot have a backup pack of smokes on hand . The mind is a very powerful thing,huh? Thank you,I just saved myself from failing. I have taken some steps to change my routine , as in working a different shift,etc. I have also contacted my family and friends for support. Mon. is the day and I am looking forward to a brand new life. 6 yrs ago I quit drinking one day at a time , and never took another drink. I will use the same tools with nicotine. thanks,guess I just needed an honest opinion! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Misty, misty, your so frisky! Look, I walked around with a cig behind my ear for 2 weeks until it got all wet from sweat. Finally it fell apart! I had a full pack in my frig. That pack still sits on the door of my frig, right next to the eggs! Every time i open the door of the frig, i filp it the finger, and call it an a**h***. Its my way of getting even with what was going to kill me. I supose one day i will stamp the hell out of it, but for now, i like swaring at it! Once night i even spit at it. My wife was so pissed off at me, i had to clean the frig! lol. Hey, it worked for me babe! But u have to hate theese things like no other things u ever hated b4! Good luck! We all support you! Down with R.J. Rynolds! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 873 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Misty, This is not my first quit, but it's been the easiest one so far. It's the only time I actually got rid of extra full packs and ashtrays as well as the remaining ones from the pack I had started when the time came to quit. I made a little ceremony of throwing them in the trash and carrying them all out to the dumpster. Now when the thoughts of smoking get strong I think about having to go out and go to the store to buy them before I can indulge, and the extra time this gives me before I can light up is enough to come to my senses, get online here, and start posting and reading. I think the things that make a quit work are not just the major ones, but the many little tricks we can use to get from one day to the next without giving in. They really do add up to make a quit successful. Good luck to you and have a Happy New Year. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,359 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi misty, I personally have kept three cigs on my table as proof to muself that i don't need them, and they have lain there for over two months, only once did I open th epack, and that was to check they were all still there because i thought i had smoked one but it was a dream. LOL lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,021 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �272 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$113,665.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6499 Hours: 0

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Misty When I first quit, I was so scared that I couldn't do it. (I kept a 1/2 pack of cigs are in my purse) It's no surprise that 4 days later, I smoked them. (If you have the cigarettes in case of emergency, you need to get rid of them!) However, my hubby is a smoker and there are always cigarettes somewhere in the house. Twice I have found cigarettes in my car (once a full pack of his and recently a VERY stale partial pack of mine) I did not think of smoking them...gave him the pack of his and threw out the ones of mine. Honestly, there are cigarettes everywhere (2 blocks away at the corner store/downstairs at the neighbours/somewhere in my house if I looked) I don't need to keep them to reinforce my quit, they will not help in an emergency but, at this point, they aren't that threatening either. Do what's best for you.......but don't keep them if you think that you need a secret stash because if you THINK you need a secret stash, you WILL need a secret stash. Good luck! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,219 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $550 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
For me personally, I wouldn't chance it. I want all smoking paraphanalia out of the house. All my smoking was done outside, but the lighters, cigs, etc. are in the house. They will gone by MOnday morning. Find what works for you and take note of all the wonderful advice you'll receive here. Wishing you the best of luck, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Doesn't sound like a good idea, Misty. Ideally, you don't want those things around at all. Although, when I quit there was always tobacco in the house since my partner at the time was still smoking. I think that if you decide to quit, you have to just do it, no matter what is lurking in your cupboards!!! Good luck - tomorrow's the day, isn't it? Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 151 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,274 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �453 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Misty!! Isnt that like leaving the cat w/ the canary? Or a recovering chocoholic w/ a double brownie fudge cake? Or a thief in jewelry store? Or a kid in a candy store? Or a drunk w/ his fav bottle of booze? A drug addict w/ his fav choice of ice, meth? Remove all doubt and remove the little demons. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $303 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$36,635.16

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 426 Hours: 17

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: