Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

I HAVE BEEN VERY BAD

17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I really do admire all you strong people on this site!!! Powerful words above...... curvy I have to thank you again for coming forward, stories like this bummed me at first, but now I realise we are all human. And this quit isn't 72 hours or 6 weeks or 6 years to freedom, it is 5 minutes for that crave to pass-- lifetime. Will it get better over the years? I am assured it will, however I am also assured it will always be lurking...waiting for an opportunity. Thanks for reminding us not to let our guard down. Now let's celebrate with a smoke free day..let us know how your doing --Kevin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 778 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $174.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
curvy, i think you need to figure out what triggered this relapse especially as you didn't even think it was worth it anyway, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again! we will be here for you don't give up giving up lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 756 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
  • Quit Meter

$113,642.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6497 Hours: 18

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You may only be smoking two per day now but you will soon be smoking more if you don't quit now. A lot of people are using chantix on this site. I wonder if that would work well for you right now? It may not exactly feel like you like the cigarettes you are smoking but I bet your brain chemistry is liking them. The Chantix might help shut off the things your brain is feeling when you smoke and help you quit sooner, rather than later. Too bad about losing that long quit. I've done it, too, and it really sucks. The sooner you quit again, the easier it will be (my experience, anyway). QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,207 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for posting - You made me think about my addiction and my commitment to my quit. Missyfit's post made me realize just how much quitting is like the grieving process. When we lose somebody that we love, the pain is so strong it feels as though it is unbearable. We go through periods of intense anger, tears, etc. After a year, sometimes it can feel like we haven't made any progress because we still miss that person every day. Yet, when we meet someone who is at the beginning of this process, we realize how far we have come. Please come back soon...We will be here waiting to support you along the way. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,898 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $470 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
--------------- When we stop smoking, it's a process. It doesn't happen overnight... and it's much more than just dealing withdrawals. For most people, there are still "urges" at one year. You may get tired but those urges do NOT last forever and they're certainly nothing that we can't control. I could tell a significant difference between where I was at one year and where I was at 18 months and even now, it continues to improve. Life actually feels normal for me again. I think that's what we all want... normalcy without smoking. It took work, it took patience, it took determination... but in time it does happen. It WILL happen for you too. Be kind to yourself, always allow yourself more time and never pick up another cigarette. That's all it takes. ----------------- You've said it all, MissyFit! Thank you! :) Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,108 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $550 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CurvyQ, I also use NRT inhaler for quitting this time. It helps me greatly! Best wishes to you! :) Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $555 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CURVYQ, I will DEFINITELY be in your company on January 1. That is my quit date as well. I have made several attempts this year, but its reassuring to know we'll probably in the company of many new quitters, as well as the many successful quitters here already. I'm sure we'll talk quite a bit in the new year. All the best, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Curvy, remember this is a process and it can take a few times to get it right. Boy do I know that. I've had several quit attempts this year, and hope to make it right this new year. Don't be hard on yourself, just focus on the positive. No judging here, we're all in the same boat, striving for the same goal. You'll do this. Have you picked a quit date yet? Cheers, Jan
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CurvyQ At first you scared me then I sat back and thought.in fact you were on my mind all night!(In a nice way) I am on 128 days. I have major craves at least twice a day and they are hard work still.Gum seems to fix them but that cant go on forever. Sometimes the only thing that keeps me going is the thought of doing it all again THAT really does scare me. I can imagine why you slipped I think because at least twice a day I honestly could!! Dont nag me you lot I am not going to....... I am only saying that we shouldnt be too hard on Curvy could be any or all of us!! We are only human......(Apart from the odd horse) Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,691 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �672 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You scare me I thought I was safe now..... Phil xxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 127 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,676 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �666.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35

Reading this thread: