Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,678 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

New quitter stepping up top the plate

17 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Help first day in and feeling pretty shaky Weird little pains all over my body must be the nicotine leaving good ridance. I'm making it this time with the help of you and the ones close to me. Looking forward to better days ahead. :)PS has anyone had a strange experience on wellbutrin? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Going to have to improve my spelling. Thanks for the replies they are all truly appreciated. By strange I mean head aches and kind of a spacey feeling, like I'm not totally with it. I'm sure I will adjust. Have to remember to take it easy for the first few days. We had neighbours in for supper last night and the not smoking didn't bother me till after they left at 1:30 this AM. I snuck a drag on a cig and went to bed. I know I shouldn't have done so however I've also learned not to give up but to start again this morning. With total resolve I'm marching forward. Think I should reset my quit meter for this slip. Yes I know butterfly swimmer if your going to quit you have to quit. Sneaking puffs here and there is just not going to cut it. cheers Den2 :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck den, I see that we both quit around the same time. I wish you success in your journey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 41 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used welbutrin during my last quit (2 years ago, quit lasted 8 months. My buddy successfully quit for over 5 years with wellbutrin and a seriouse committment to behavioral changes (stopped going to bars, etc). everyone is different but my side effects were 1) Vivid nightmares, sleep disturbed greatly 2) a bit melancoly (not sure if I spelled that right), but that sort of depressing feeling you get when everyone has left the party. 3) the nicotine withdraw feeling wills surfice again so make sure that you continue with it for 90 days after the quit day! Good luck [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 295 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$51,195.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 780 Hours: 18

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on quitting Den!! I am taking wellbutrin, so define strange? Again, cheers to you mate! KTQ.. Nicodemon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 591 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Den2, Congrats on you decision to quit smoking. You won't regret it! We are truley here for you and so many can relate to that "spacey" feeling. I had to tell my boss I was quitting, because I swore some mornings, I could hardly remember how to get to work. It all passes, and the brain cells come back stronger than ever. This just takes some time. Hang tough, post often and read lots. We are always here for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 756 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $187 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How did you obtain that cig that you cheated with for a few puffs? If you're serious, you must get rid of ALL smoking materials. Ash trays, lighters, matches, butts...and half burnt "savers". I know it's hard parting with all your smoking paraphernalia...but just don't tempt yourself-get rid of any reminders. And if you bummed one, tell all of your smoking friends to never let you bum a cig. Good luck! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,137 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$81,784.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8319 Hours: 8

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Den, I am taking wellbutrin, have trouble sleeping now and then. That spacey feeling may be the nicotine leaving your body. I was very loopy the couple weeks. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,116 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $263.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Den - Welcome to SCC. Wellbutrin didn't work with my system but I know it has helped lots of other people. Congrats on day - Keep posting! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,795 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $445 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Colder than Wales? Don't think so!!! Brrrrrrrr!!! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 131 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,978 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �393 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9

Reading this thread: