Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

quitting today

17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hibcky welcome to the SS! you will find lots of support here you can do this lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 514 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �136 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$113,572.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 18

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How's it going today, Becky? That's a crazy story about your sister. I can't begin to understand that one. :confuse: There is a lot of great support here. No one that hasn't been through quitting will understand what you feel like or why. Come here and post often and let us know how you're doing. QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 885 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $176 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to SCC Bcky - There is no such thing as impossible or none of us would be here. I certainly didn't think that I could quit. Use the tools offered in this site, post often. Get your tool kit ready (short walks, lots of water, green tea, cinnamon gum, sugar-free candy, straws, cinnamon sticks, crossword puzzles, remote control...whatever works for you) Remember - one day at a time. Get through each day as it comes....some will be bad...but some will be very good too. Remember to post lots. We are here for you all the way. Good luck! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,578 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $390 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the quitters' club, bcky! :) nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 959 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $475 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi bcky55, welcome! Don't be scared to fight this addiction. Its one of the best things you'll ever do. Take this journey one small step at a time. If you can only think of doing this for the next hour, then do it. The hour after that will take care of itself. Its workable when you take small steps. And post here often, it really helps. There's lots of great advice and support. All the best to you. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 459 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi IM!! I was getting ready for bed and spending time w/ my family at 930pm when her post was posted ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 673 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $134 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$36,207.34

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 421 Hours: 18

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi B!! Welcome to the SSC!! Download the workbook on the left hand side (the glove compartment) and read it! Buy lots of lollies, peppermints, and tootsie rolls =) Drink plenty of water too!! Occupy your mind with different things. Perhaps you can visit your local park and slowly start walking to build up your lungs once again. Check w/ your doc to start an exercise program designed w/ those who have what you have. Most importantly, be gentle with yourself and reward yourself often!! I use the lollies, Dum Dums, as a mini reward. They are small, sweet, and it takes 3 mins to lick to the stick! =) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 673 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $134 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$36,207.34

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 421 Hours: 18

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are off to a good start toward freedom! Hooray!!! It will be tough at times. Be strong! Are you going it cold turkey or receiving a little help? We're here for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,094 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $648 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I smoked 34 years, three (sometimes more) packs a day. I won't deny, that for me this has been extrememly tough. Some have an easier quit than others and everyone's quit is different. Are you using any NRT or medications? In any event...it CAN be done! There are plenty of us here to prove it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,021 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $640 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 340 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bcky55 Congratulations on quitting - good for you. It really is never too late. I read your post and just had to reply. As for 'everyone' saying it will be impossible for you to quit - well bullsh*t. My mother smoked for 40 years and like you was developing the early signs of emphyzema and she quit and has stayed quit for about 7 years. She still has some repiratory difficulites but nothing like what would have developed if she kept smoking. Bcky she was an avid smoker - she loved her cigarettes and no one could imagine mum as a non-smoker. Thank God she made a positive health decision because she is still here with us today. I'm not sure she would have been if she continued to smoke. So listen, if she could do it, if I can do it then you certainly can. [u]I believe in you. [/u] All the best Sharon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 443 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �118.36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: