Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

quitting today

17 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bcky55, You are doing good. Keep it up. This is a great site and you will find lots of help here. Good job. Joe, [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 455 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 27 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bcky55: Seems your sister has issues, or perhaps she thinks you don't really plan to quit, that you just don't have the $$$ to buy cigarettes. There is no bad reason to quit. There is no good reason to keep smoking. My neighbor smoked 3 packs a day. She eventually did have to lug around an oxygen tank. She quit smoking and now she no longer has to have her tank all the time. Bcky, I am on day three. I have smoked for forty years and I am only 51. It is just a matter of time before cigarettes kill me if I continue to smoke. These past three days have been very hard. I have cried several times. I know this will continue to be difficult for a long time. I pray that I do not give in. If others can change their lifestyle, so can I. This website is a Godsend. Post often and let us know how you are doing. I am 2 1/2 hours southeast of Columbus. I don't know which direction you are from Columbus, but I am with you in thought. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 73 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12.51 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bcky55??? Let us know how you are doing! I hope you are making it just fine! One minute more, one hour more, one day more, one life...MORE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 103 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am quitting today, I have been thinking about it for a while but when my dr. told me I had the begginnings of enphyzema I decided i didn't much like the idea of some day toting a oxygen tank around, so here i am but scared, i shake in morning before i have a smoke and i smoke three or more packs a day. Everyone says it will be near to impossible for me to quit with that kind of habit but I feel like i need to because if i don't i will probably end up with copd..so I will be here reading and praying that I can make it.
17 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone it seems hard to be on the computer without a ciggerette but here i am doing just that, I am smokefree 1 hour and some minutes, I had to change to quit date but I sit here with my patch firmly on and oh oh i decided to cut my hair, bad idea will have to get that fixed, my sister is not behind this it seems to upset her for some reason she is not a smoker in fact i know no one whom i see that does smoke, but she told me yesterday that she would buy me a carton of smokes on friday if i wanted, but me being stubborn I told her that she doesn't have the begginings of emphysemia i do and it will be me that will have lug around oxygen if i don't quit, i'm ranting i guess but it would of been nice to have her support. I know this is going to be really hard and now i have to avoid my sister, well she lives in columbus and i live 2 1/2 hrs away so other that her visits down here it should be okay just another obstacle I have to overcome could of used a friend instead. Well as I get into my first full day of not smoking I am praying I won't go crazy I have read and re-read all of your posts and I guess this will have to be my support and I thank all of you for the replys :)
17 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bcky55 , you can do it. Don't let others tell you,that you can't. It's hard but not impossible.this is a great place to be. So many people will support you, & believe me its helps alot. so hang there, your doing the right thing.
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bcky55, Congrats on your decision to quit....it will not be easy..let's be honest, you are giving up an addiction, but this website is the key to your success...look around, so many people are going through exactly what you are going through. Ask for help, read as much as you can, keep praying and post often. Don't be afraid to ask for help or let us know when you are struggling, we are here to help you. You can do this!!! Remember, it's equally hard for a 3 pack a day smoker and a 10 cig a day smoker to quit....so how many you cigs you smoke a day should not affect your success in quitting. If I can do it...so can you!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 447 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm root'n for ya. As you read this message from me, you are minus one more cigarette toward quitting. I don't know why the heavy smokers haven't responded to you yet. This site can be slow on the weekends. Or else try putting up another post. How are you doing today? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 83 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Let me see if I have this straight: your sister doesn't smoke, but wants you to? She offered to BUY you a CARTON two days before your quit? Ya think maybe you might have an issue or two with this one?? Me, I'm glad you live 2-1/2 hours from her! Any closer, and you'd be in the final stages of emphysema for sure! But you have us -- we won't be offering you anything but support. peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,494 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $159.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you bcky55!! You are going to see health benfits in the future That you never dreamed of...One I can think of is "carpal tunnel syndrome" from totin' the tank! Anyway, I am glad you are here...You are doing the right thing! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 446 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $101.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54

Reading this thread: