Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

First full day of quitting

17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am trying the patches again. My last smoke was at 6:45 pm last night. I am kind of jittery right now at work, told my boss I am trying to quit after 26 years and not to fire me if I spout off.
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Poodle Lady, Congratulations to you for quitting. Lot's of great support in here, I'm working on day 3 and am also on the patches, so I understand the jitters. Take it one craving at a time and post lot's! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 54 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on the quit! Jitters are all too familiar.. I'm using the patch. Was on the gum, but I found that with also falling back on other things like candy, chips, etc etc .. my jaw was killing me... So the patch seems to be quite good thus far! All the best to you.. and if you need to spout off, do it here,,we're all ears :) (((((((((((((hugz))))))))))))) of support! Monica [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 191 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree with Healer -- language is everthing; "trying to quit" is present tense (with emphasis on the "tense," huh?); "quit," as a past tense verb, is much more definite. When body/brain/emotions want a cigarette you can just go, "Oh, honey, that is SO yesterday." Or, as my er -- "rural" friends like to say, "Stick a fork in me cuz I'm done." (Yikes -- gotta upgrade those friends one of these days.) Congratulations, Ms. Poodle Person. peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 529 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well done for getting through the first day! just take it one day at a time! hugs of support lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 247 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$113,645.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6497 Hours: 22

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 117 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Poodle Lady,Is that Madisonville,La? ls [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 122 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,456 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $396.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Poodle Lady - I "tried" the patches too....and will be patch-free in 2 weeks! Wooweee - My philosophy - Commit (but one day at a time) Tons of support here....post often! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,198 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $295 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Poodle lady, Welcome to the SSC and congratulations on deciding to quit! Take some time to observe your past routines. When did you smoke? why? where? how will you modify those old routines to exclude and replace your old habit? Ex: You use to have coffee and a cigarette first thing in the morning. Now you'll read the paper while drinking your coffee? Also try to identify other triggers that urged you to smoke and find ways to get around them. Ex: stress, anger, boredom, presence of other smokers and plan how to get around those too. Have a reward system in place. It should have three components: small one for after each craving, medium for the end of each smoke-free day and a bigger one for the end of each smoke-free week. Be sure to take advantage of our online quit program located on the left side of your screen under program tools. Lastly make a list of everything you hate about smoking and all the benefits you'll gain from your quit and carry it with you always. Hope this helps, good luck and check back soon. Danielle _____________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Poodle Lady, Welcome! Way to go on getting through day one! If you have not done so already, <------ check out the Quit Program Tools on the left. You will find many co-quitters this week! Grab a quit buddy and join all of us for the one thing we all have in common. CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 229 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,901 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $801.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Poodle lady- Welcome!! May I suggest changing "trying" to Quit to doing... the energy is very different! :) Stay close and read as much as possible here... this is the time to build some coping skills... We're all right here with you! Blessings and Light- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 249 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,734 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1157.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58

Reading this thread: