Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Introducing myself

17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi this is about my 6 times trying to quit, I smoked for 26 years. I have not smoked now for 15 hours. Of course 8 was while I was sleeping. The hardest part for me is while I am driving.
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Poodlelady, I'm new to this site, but so far it is great. So much support, and the words echo'd in these posts echo in my head when I'm away from my computer and help me through cravings. Good luck to you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 54 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
Thank you everyone for your support, Two days down, and working on day three. Feeling great right now. I have the right patch now (21mg versus the 14mg), so I'm smiling and happy currently. Such wonderful supportive people and such great posts and words on encouragement. Cheermom and Phil and 4my2girls have just been wonderful. Their words echo in my head at night and in the morning when I'm not at my computer. One thing that I'm doing differently this time that I didn't address in my previous attempts to quit is "Stress Management". I'm putting alot of thought into how to deal with stress differently than lighting up. Recognizing what stands in the way of me being smoke free and grabbing a pack is going to be important for me to be successful. Thanks again to everyone!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 54 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
Thank you so much 4my2girls....as I was reading your post, my supervisor (who smokes) came out and started talking to me and he had a cig in his hand and was going outside to smoke......I felt my face flush....I felt warm all over, but without any fuzzies, and it was sad to see the cigarette...it's like it's an old friend (even though I know it's no friend of any of us). He went outside, and I finished reading your post....and I'm over that craving. Thank you..thank you...thank you....... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Thank you everyone....I'm pouring over all the posts in all the discussions and printing some of the posts to carry with me. I really really want to quit this time. I just can't be a smoker anymore....Thank you for all the encouragement....so far so good...no major issues...except I want a Chicago Deep Dish Pizza...from chicago!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Hello everyone. I'm so glad I found this sight. I've tried 4 other times to quit smoking, and tomorrow I'm going to give it a 5th try. I'm tired of the cough, bronchitis, the bouts with pneumonia every year and the shortness of breath. I really want to be free of this addiction once and for all. I've smoked since I was 23, and I currently smoke a pack a day.....my last quit was about six months ago, and I quit for three weeks. Congratulations to all of you who are currently 24 hours or more into your quit....anyone who has done this before knows how hard the first 2-3 days are....I'm going to use the patch, It's done ok for me in the past. Thanks for listening [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Can anyone explain how the IM works. I've downloaded it...cheermom said hello to me but when I went to add her to my buddies, the program froze and I had to relog back in....any help would be appreciated. Thanks much! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kaitlina, Thanks for your post..and heck yeah....let's do the penguin dive together! I dont have much experience on quitting, I tried once 15 years ago, for one day, cold turkey...I bought a pack on the way home (sigh). That was with no support or products to help, I have been waiting anxiously for a week now....... READY?..........SET?..............GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Talk to ya tomorrow-Kevin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kaitilina, Welcome to the SSC. This is a great site ansd you will find loads of support here. Remember that you have the power. Just believe in yourself heres a hug lynnexx :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 205 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$113,570.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 14

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone.. Here's my info.. Desteb's Glove Compartment Todays Date: 11/8/2006 My Milage: My Quit Date: 10/4/2006 Smoke-Free Days: 35 Cigarettes Not Smoked: 703 Amount Saved: $210 Life Gained: Days: 3 Hrs: 22 Mins: 55 Seconds: 35 35 days wow!!! What I'd really like to know if why am I still sooooo moody?? I'm dealing with it :) But it makes it so hard on the rest of my family. Any suggestions on how to curb that a bit? thanksl... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 703 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$19,481.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 435 Hours: 3

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: