Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,718 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142, HIngle_McCringleberry

Introducing myself

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Poodle lady, Welcome to the SSC and congratulations on deciding to quit! Take some time to observe your past routines. When did you smoke? why? where? how will you modify those old routines to exclude and replace your old habit? Ex: You use to have coffee and a cigarette first thing in the morning. Now you'll read the paper while drinking your coffee? Also try to identify other triggers that urged you to smoke and find ways to get around them. Ex: stress, anger, boredom, presence of other smokers and plan how to get around those too. Have a reward system in place. It should have three components: small one for after each craving, medium for the end of each smoke-free day and a bigger one for the end of each smoke-free week. Be sure to take advantage of our online quit program located on the left side of your screen under program tools. Lastly make a list of everything you hate about smoking and all the benefits you'll gain from your quit and carry it with you always. Hope this helps, good luck and check back soon. Danielle _____________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 607 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kaitilina...Also do the workbook on the left side of this. It helps tremendously in preparing for your quit. I wouldn't have made it as far as I have without getting my "tools" in place beforehand. You will always have someone here to help you along if you hit bumps along the way. Congrats on not giving up but trying again. Write down what has worked and hasn't worked in the past. Get things in order and you will succeed. Hugs and good luck!! Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 152 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,817 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $615.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/CHEARNE/th3.gif[/IMG] Kaitilina, Preparation is important, attitude is 80%! Fight hard and you can win LIFE! We're here to support you, so pop in and let us know how you are doing! CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 226 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,857 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $791 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kaitilina, Keep doing what you are doing!!! When a craving hits, coming here and posting and then waiting for responses is a huge way to beat the craves!! I'm very happy that you are doing better! I know that seeing a cig is sometimes a hard one. We have many of smokers in my family (well, in-laws) and they are always leaving their pack here. It really doesn't bother me anymore. At first, I starred at that pack as if I was waiting for it to move or something! Keep up the GREAT work!! And keep us posted!! and......... Desteb: You are the only one in control of your reactions.... I made a promise that I would not take my quit out on my family. Now, that is not to say that I have not yelled.. but for the most part, I have been quite pleasant! It is not your familys fault, so taking it out on them is not fair!! When you are feeling like you will burst with anger, just put a smile on your face, and think of something you love. It is hard at first, but you can trick your mind! Keep remembering that you are doing a wonderful thing for yourself! Be kind and take care of yourself. And up your rewards........ they will help keep your spirits lifted!! If your moods do not get better, you may want to contact your doc. ;) 4my2girls [b][i][color=Maroon]What Consumes Your Thoughts Controls Your Life[/b][/i][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 248 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,459 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $810.96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[center][IMG]http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/5479/welcome6dg9.gif[/IMG][/center] You definately have come to the right place! This is an awesome place, so sit back and read, read, read!!! You mentioned that this isn't your first quit. As long as your desire to quit smoking outweighs your desire to smoke, you will suceed. Here is some information for you to know about for a successful start in your journey: [color=Blue]Knowledge:[/color] Learn everything you can on this horrible addiction. Find info from the internet, and also, read old posts here. We are all on the same journey................ [color=Blue]Strength:[/color] You must have the strength within you to fight this addiction. [color=Blue]Determination:[/color] You must find the determination within you to succeed on this road to freedom. [color=Blue]Commitment:[/color] Make the commitment to yourself that you will do WHATEVER it takes to not cave in. [color=Blue]Positive Attitude:[/color] Change the way to look at things. Everything can be a blessing if you look for it. Now that you are on your first day, make sure you have rewards lined up. Rewards are a necessity ~ make sure you reward yourself often. Oh, and take good, loving care of yourself. Be kind and gentle to yourself. Be selfish, its okay. Lastly, the secret to never smoking again.............. its simple: [color=Teal][b]N.O.P.E.[/b][/color] [b][color=Teal]N[/color][/b]ot [b][color=Teal]O[/color][/b]ne [b][color=Teal]P[/color][/b]uff[b][color=Teal] E[/color][/b]ver Keep us posted! I would love to help guide you through this journey! ;) 4my2girls [b][i][color=Maroon]What Consumes Your Thoughts Controls Your Life[/b][/i][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 247 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,428 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $807.69 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lina, If you already have the SSC IM Messenger up and running, you need only to log into the messenger when you log on the site. This way it will always be on and you will have a better chance of contacting people. If a user has inconsistent internet connectivity, the instant messenger will likely fail on them. Each messenger installed on a clients computer polls our central server about once a minute, if there is no internet connectivity while it attempts to do this, the application fails. The instant messenger doesn�t function on Mac computers, nor on linux machines, nor on Windows 95 machines. It order to talk to someone they must also be logged on For those of you that are having trouble follow this: 1- Delete any version of the SSC IM Messenger you currently have 2- Download the following URL http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/a/c/aac39226-8825-44ce-90e3-bf8203e74006/dotnetfx.exe 3- Download the SSC IM Messenger If you need any help please contact us via the feedback at the bottom of the page, and we will be able to assist you. Hope this helps, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
kait, Welcome to our support community and congrats on making such a wise choice. We are always here for you and can be of great assistance to you. We know what your are going through and want to help guide you through. Take the time to prepare and see the difference it can make. Have coping mechanisms and avoidance techniques ready to help you get over those craves! Post often and let us answer your questions. Keep Strong, Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.
Desteb, Congrats on such great success! Don't forget to start your own thread and Introduce yourself :) This is normal and will pass! Take some you time and reward yourself for a fantastic job! Use your reward to pat yourself on the back and pamper yourself weekly! Doing something for you is needed and you will see a change in moods! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: