Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

today is my quit day

17 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have tried giving up on numerous occassions but this time i really have to quit. Smoking is really controlling my life.I have smoked 25 a day for the last 20 years.I need some inspiration from someone in a similar situation [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey super, Congrats on making the decision to quit. I smoked for 31 years, and am now nearly through the first week. If I can do it , so can you lynne [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 87 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$113,645.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6497 Hours: 21

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Super, I also used to smoke 25 or so a day and smoked for 40 years. The only thing that I can think of to add is that I remember all the years I smoked, I only wanted to quit. So now I have, and I'm staying that way. You can too! This site is the BOMB! There is so much information and support, you can't imagine how helpful it's been to me. If we can do it, so can you! Join us, and we'll do it together! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 415 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $97.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Super....You can do this. I have smoked for 27 years and was up to at least 20 a day. I was scared to try quitting because I didn't believe that there was any way I could do it. But, like you, I have found that my life was starting to revolve around my addiction and I was so tired of it. So here I am...40 something days later....It hasn't always been easy but I am starting to enjoy some of the freedom of a non-smoker. I can see how much better my life will be because I've had a taste of it already. Use the tools offered on this site...get your toolkit ready for those first 2 weeks...post lots (there is so much good advice and support here) You can do it.........one day at a time! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 977 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Super, glad to have you aboard. I smoked for 23 years with a few quits in between. Was 25 a day, a slowly hit 30. I really wanted to quit this time because I was afraid that before long I'd be up to 2 packs a day, and I just didn't need that!!!! There's lots of support here, 24 hours a day. Lots of people going through the same thing as you, so you are not alone. Keep posting and sharing your story. cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 415 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $117 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Super congratulations on your decision to quit smoking. Work the tools on the left and read as much as possible on this site. You can do it one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 138 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,084 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $552 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Super! It can be done! I smoked for 34 years, 3 packs a day. You can do it too! Glad to have you join us on this journey! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,596 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $408 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hate to admit it but I smoke for 50 years. At one time up to a pack and half plus a day. I have been trying to really quit these past few months. By not smoking in the house and car I was able to cut my smoking down some, but it still was smoking. This site has been a life saver. There are a lot of winners on this site. So if you want what they have stay with the winners. Work the tools on the left, post and just don't smoke. Glad to have you here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/CHEARNE/thhello13.gif[/IMG] Welcome Super! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 218 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,722 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $763 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Super - Take some time to read and read some more here -especially old posts... We are all in the same Quit process... whether we Quit yesterday or we are Quitting tomorrow. There is powerful information on this site. Stay close and read and read some more. You MUST have a stronger desire to quit than you do to smoke... and if you can make that commitment without hesitation, you have the core of a forever Quit... Stay close and ask for what you need... we're all right here with ya! Blessings- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 238 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,361 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1106.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48

Reading this thread: