Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

I WANT TO QUIT BUT I NOT SURE I HAVE THE COURAGE

17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey bama,Believe me you CAn do it. All it takes is belief in yourself. I have smoke fro 31 years give or take, and i quit yesterday, so if I can, you can best of luck
  • Quit Meter

$113,570.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 17

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HELLO I AM BAMA I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT QUITING FOR ABOUT A MONTH BUT I AM NOT SURE I HAVE THE CORAGE TO DO SO I HOPE I CAN FIND SOMEONE WHO HAS EXPERIENCED THE SAME FEELINGS AND CAN GIVE ME THE CONFIDECE I NEED TO TRY
  • Quit Meter

$204,426.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9492 Hours: 14

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yep, with the help of this site I have made it for 8 days smoke free! and if I can do it after smoking 40 years, you can too! It's simple, not easy, but simple. You have to want to quit. How often have you said I want to quit? Just keep telling yourself, well, now I DID IT!!! And do read, post, prepare! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 246 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bama....the longer we wait to quit, the more this addiction takes hold of our life. I only tried to quit once before and that was 17 years ago....I never ever wanted to try again because I was sure that I would fail. With all the support of so many people here, some tools and only one day's worth of courage...I am still here. Cigarettes have fooled us into thinking that we need them. We all became dependent on nicotine because we "thought" it helped us deal with stress, be more confident, relax, relieve boredom when in reality it has done absolutely nothing for us except make us a slave to our addiction. Be prepared for some rough days at the beginning - have your tools ready. Drink lots of water, chew gum, run, walk, sleep - just do whatever you can to "not smoke". I honestly only committed to one day at a time for at least 3 weeks. If the day was lousy, I went to bed early. It's only now that I am gaining the confidence and COURAGE to KNOW that I can do this! You can too! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 858 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I understand your fears, Bama, but I think that the really tough part is deciding to quit. The thought of doing this can actually be worse than doing it. Once you do quit, that is where your focus is, and if you take this one day at a time, have all your coping tools in place, you actually CAN do it!!!! Keep posting here, that really helps too. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bama Where are you? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,548 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �404.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Hi Bama we cant give you courage or confidence you already have both of those as you had the courage and confidence to post on this site and more importantly you want to stop Get going on your quit and watch the help pour in.I have done it for 11 weeks now after 50 years smoking and I am a wimp! You will meet some lovely people here!! Come on now.... Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,522 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �399 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
I had a thought You are not sure you have the courage? Do you have the courage to shove cancer sticks in your mouth goodness how many times a day? Do you have the courage to inhale 4000 chemicals with every draw on a cigarette? Do you have the courage to battle with the big 'C'? Do you hae the courage to breathe dangerous fumes over your friends and family? You already have courage for all of this so quitting is probaly nothing at all to you!! Get it? Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,527 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �399 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bama, You're most certainly not alone!!! Many people are afraid of failing and don't think that they "have the courage!" I promise you that if you do this, you will find out that you are stronger than you think you are! I don't think there's a single person here who wasn't at least a little bit afraid. But please, join us! It's soooooooo worth it! I'm going to bump a few posts in the "general forum" for you that I really hope you read. Best wishes! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 360 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,022 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1486.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bama: I take it you're from Alabama. You all had the courage to face the Univ. of Tennessee last weekend, therefore, you should have the courage to quit ;) What a game! Sorry for your loss! HA! Seriously...work the program to the left, get your mind-set right, set a date and then jump in with both feet! Glad to have you with us! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,321 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $368 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28

Reading this thread: