Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Intro

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great decision to quit! I have to say I love your screen name. Makes me laugh. Let's ride this through. I know on the "other side" we'll feel better than we ever could smoking. Just have to wait for our brain and body chemistry to level itself back out again. That's the light at the end of the tunnel. The QM
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks after getting my prescription for Chantix. I've quit before using the patch, gum, etc. but "something" always drove me back to the cigarettes. Yes, I know, there will always be "something." Anyway, I took my first dose of Chantix this morning and am ready to begin my journey! I've begun a notebook to chronicle my journey and hopefully this will be my last quit! I have a 7 year old son that I want to see grow up, I want to be able to run in the backyard with him and my husband. I want to be able to never again think or plan about my next cigarette. Say a prayer for me and I look forward to getting to know lots of people here who have been where I am and have continued their journey successfully. Debbie
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! I feel like after reading for a couple of weeks all these wonderful posts, I already know some of you! I don't expect this journey to be easy but it is a comfort to know that you have been where I am and the pitfalls that I will invariably encounter! Thanks and I look forward to "talking" to you all! Debbie
17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Chicken Noodle...Just take it one day at a time. Get lots of rest and take DEEP breaths. Ter724 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 263 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $62.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Debbie to our site. 22 days ago I have promised my 11 years old daughter that I was going to quit smoking. Ever since I am smoke free and my daughter is really proud of me!!!! Stay strong Tsikos I [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 634 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �117.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Chicken Noodle...You have come to just the right place. We will celebrate your achievements and support you through your difficult times. There are so many wise members that can offer helpful advice whenever you need it. Hope you have your tool kit packed...please take advantage of the tools offered in this site. Drink lots of water, breathe deeply and goooooooooo! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 695 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Chicknoodle, I see there are a few of us just starting this journey(and for some, I'd say most, this isn't the first attempt). But it will be the last. One day at a time, we can stay smoke free. Stay strong and keep posting, cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 589 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
welcome to our little family Debbie, this is a great place that has helped me stay quit. THey are always here to offer support and suggestions (although not usually so many of them on the weekend) Good luck on your quit smoking journey and be sure to use the tools on the left. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,803 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $250.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Debbie, Welcome to the group!Congratulations on your decision to quit - we'll be here to support you. Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,143 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �228 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Chicknoodle Glad you have come out of the shadows...... We are all here for you and we are all here for each others before long you will be helping others quit! Be ready for the ups and downs it can be a bumpy ride. You may be one of the lucky ones and have no [probs at all I hope so! Keep posting Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,364 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �357 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41

Reading this thread: