Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

I am going to try cold turkey tomorrow morning

17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rachel: Hope your quit is going well. Please check in and let us know. Don't set yourself up for failure with thoughts like: [quote] I just have a feeling it might not work out. [/quote] No big deal if it doesn't. A lot of us have and are quitting with the patch and other NRT. Print off or purchase information on nicotine addiction to provide your husband with. You may want to include him in on your quit. He could prove to be a valuable resource. Hugs, good wishes and prayers coming your way. Glad you are joining us on this journey! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 438 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/Welcome-03-june.gif[/IMG] Congrats on your decision to quit smoking. Knowledge is power, so get prepared. Get prepared for your mind to deal with emotions without the mask of a drug. Know that the nicotine in cigarettes has caused you to be physically addicted. Take comfort in knowing the physical withdrawal will stop approximately 72 hours if you can resist nicotine products. Be fully aware that your life routine will have to be experienced without smoking cigarettes for you to be quit. So throw them away. Do not save any. What is your routine? When do you smoke? Make a list of your triggers (when you would normally smoke). It is better to think about all of these things ahead of time so that you can go into battle prepared. Replace your bad habit (smoking) with good habits. Read about healthy ways to deal with stress/emotions and start practicing your new coping skills. Get yourself ready physically by walking more, take in more fluids, get plenty of rest and avoid becoming overtired. Tell people around you that you�re going to quit. Get yourself a Quit Buddy who will be there to provide you personal quit-smoking help and support. Fight the urge to protect yourself from looking silly if you don�t make it all the way. Believe in yourself from the very beginning. Make it come true. If you don�t make it this time, what matters is that you get back up and try again. Also, don�t forget to make rewards a part of your plan. Quitting takes a lot of work, so you want to make sure you give yourself credit along the way. Keep a list of rewards you look forward to - it will help keep you motivated. Watch out for alcohol, social situations, other smokers, weight gain, and bad moods/depression. These things can make you fall off the Quit Wagon. Like I�ve said � be prepared for these things. We�ve quit. You can too. We�ll be here to support you if you need us. I look forward to celebrating your milestones with you. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/p26mid.gif[/IMG] Fondly, Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 127 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,831 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $508 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[
  • Quit Meter

$54,531.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5959 Hours: 8

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do it if you really really want to. Work all of the tools to the left and strengthen your resolve. Here is a post that I hope will help you. [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?forum=10&topic=32237]Starting OUT[/url] Stay Strong. Step by step. Remember by the yard is hard by the inch is a cinch. Phillip :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 211 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1582.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 586 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mornin' Rachel! How's it going? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/2/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 591 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,829 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2109.87 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 62 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$18,788.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 693 Hours: 21

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Rachel, You're going to be fine. :) As long as you know that these uncomfortable feelings are going to come, then you can be ready. Don't run to smoke when you begin to feel them. The feelings are nothing to be afraid of and they won't kill you. Have a plan in place. Like come here and spend the day with us. Work the program, read, research, chew gum, drink a lot of water...most of all... be kind and gentle to yourself. Let your body begin to heal. These cravings will last a few minutes then go away. You'll get through it each time. Give yourself a goal then reward yourself when that time arrives. I'll look for you in the morning and see how you're doing. You really have made a great decision. Don't doubt yourself for one minute. Look at all of use around here... if we can do this so can you. Your hubby is going to be SO surprised! See you tomorrow! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/2/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 591 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,821 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2109.87 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 62 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$18,788.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Welcome to the SSC... Sounds like you're ready! I won't overwhelm you with too much too soon...just work the program here and make this site a part of your daily routine. The meter is great motivation as well. Read, post, read then post some more. Learn as much as you can. Someone is always around to help if you need them. Glad to have you along, Rachel! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/2/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 590 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,818 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2106.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 62 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$18,788.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Soooo how are we doing today??? I quit cold turkey and today marks a week of smoke free. You can do it. I feel better than I have in years...even though last week was not very fun, but SOOOO worth it. Please, please keep us posted and come here often...post, post...and read, read. It will soon become your new routine as opposed to the habbit we are trying to kick!!! Congratulations on the rest of your smoke free life. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 149 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$39,857.56

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 567 Hours: 11

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is a very active forum and here you will find lots of folks who can help you along in your quit. But ultimately it comes down to you. You will choose your future -- will it be a smoking future, endangering your health and that of your family? Or will it be clean and healthy, full of promise? It is your choice, because even though it may seem hard to quit, you can simply choose not to smoke. You can choose to fight your way through the negative junkie thoughts. Learn to differentiate between logical, rational thinking and junkie, stinking thinking. You can do it! I know you can! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 641 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,973 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2243.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 88 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$55,109.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 650 Hours: 19

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[size=4] Hi Rachel just wanted to drop in this morning and check in on you, i hope you use all the advice here adn by the way it will be better for you that your hubby dont smoke, stay focused today, stay strong Tresa Take care [/size] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1500 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 30,009 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5250 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 206 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$14,648.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 691 Hours: 22

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[size=4] Welcome Rachel, sounds to me like you have lots of good reasons to quit, we are here for you and there will be others that will be going through it hour by hour with you so get ready, were here for you Tresa [/size] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1499 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 29,998 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5246.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 206 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$14,648.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 691 Hours: 22

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: