Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

second hand cravings

17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bruce and everyone else... This is something that i'm extremely concerned about myself. I was just talking to my mother about this earlier because I don't know if this is EVER going to go away for me. BEFORE I started smoking, i was adicted. i used to hunt all over the house for something.. anything.. to smoke. This was before I ever had a single puff. I lived in a non smoking house too. The only thing that i can think of is that I got adicted from breahting it everywhere else. Back then people even smoked in the grocery store, so i had my share of second hand smoke. So.. Do i have to go through withdrawals and severe cravings every single time i breathe it somewhere else? That's kind of a bleek future in my opinion. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 371 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi every one, just wondering if anybody else has been around a bunch of smokers at night time then the next day cravings seem to be almost unbearable, almost had a smoke but didn't. went off patch too, doin okay, nope, :)Bruce [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 905 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $396 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bruce your doing really great, keep at it! I have to go to my second personality when it hits me. :8o: I have avoided being around smokers lately. But i smell it a mile away. LOL Sometimes it still smells good to me other times its not so good. Dont know when that goes away?? Correen
17 years ago 0 164 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hear ya Breaking free, However I am blessed to have this job so I have to deal with whatever I need to deal with he dont' smoke no where but in his office but as stated when you no longer smoke you can smell it a mile away although when i use to smoke i could still smell that stinking smell .. so oh well I just pray on it .. and i know God is with me.. and I'm strong.. and when i do get the opportunity I do go outside and breath in and out .. P.Loving He is aware that i quit smoking and he closes his door and light his candles to delute smell and they usually work too .. so I'm ok right now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $79 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 164 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bruce, As a matter of fact yesterday i was in my bosses office and he lite up a cigar and his sister a cig.. and yes when i got out to my car going home i was looking for my cigs .. lol .. funny how things just go according to habit. But yes i did crave last night but as time go on i believe it's all up to us we can fight it some may be different but i have seem to manage well around smokers or running into smoke.. after all my boss owns the company his wife won't allow him to smoke at home.. so he smokes here .. it's all good.. P.Loving Stay strong and remember NOPE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 619 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $79 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh gosh yeah Bruce. I went to a party on a farm Sat night, we took tents camped out overnight, sat around camp fire until 5.30am. Loads of people smoking, and drinking. Yesterday was roasting hot, we went to the Gower Peninsula in Wales, on the coast. Everyone was smoking. Even odder is that my fitness levels were the lowest of everyone, I really struggled up the sand dune hills to get back. Some of them went kite surfing in the sea.. and would get out regularly to have a cigarette. We went for a pub lunch and they all smoked all the way through it. But everyone said that they wanted to quit.. Today I dont feel like smoking though, I am just relieved that I didnt smoke, it is so tempting.. and today in the cold light of day i would have been gutted if i had smoked. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,055 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �315 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I didn't quit smoking to now inhale someone else's smoke. Yuk! I try to stay away from all kinds of smoke now, mostly because I think it stinks and I don't want to DIE! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $288 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$54,548.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 5

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Niks, You passed yet another test with flying colors! Reward yourself! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yep Bruce. Absolutely hate to be around smokers. Use to make me crave like crazy!!!! Keep hanging in there and eventually you will just look at them and be grateful that you don't "have" to smoke anymore! Protect your quit at all costs. It is precious. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 387 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,753 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1354.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Misty, Everyone's quit will be different! Take the time to figure what situations or areas you can avoid to help you through. Use your coping mechanisms to help distract you. Your future is looking great and you have succeeded with 6 days! You can fight this and we can help! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: