Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,534 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

FEELINGS OF DOOM AND GLOOM

17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I want to thank all of you for this. Sometimes I just need things in black and white...no sugar coating. I am about to finish the Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr and everything y'all wrote, has reinforced everything in his book. I just have to convince myself that I can do it. I quit smoking when I found out I was pregnant but I think what kept me depressed was the fact that I kept telling myself, "all you have to do is get through these next 9 months and then you can have one again"...so, I never really allowed myself to get over the withdrawals and start living. Does that make sense? And is it true? According to Allen Carr, you have to make the commitment that you will NEVER put another cigarette in your mouth again and when I was pregnant, I didn't do that. I allowed myself to "deal" with it until the pregnancy was over.
BonBon, I was actually thinking about listening to it again after I quit. So, I think I will do that. It really is hard to see the light when black clouds are in the way. Anyway, don't mean to sound stupid but what does "Breaking Free: That list is blank", mean?
LORD!!! Now I REALLY feel stupid...I didn't realize that Breaking Free is a poster on here...duh!!! I've been up a LONG time today...please forgive me.
Hey BonBon...so, you read the book and didn't quit right away? You waited 6 months? I'm listening to the cd's right now and I just assumed that you are supposed to quit after the book is over. Maybe I missed something. Anyway, I don't know if it's against the rules on this forum or not but if you'd like to, you can email me at my email address and we can talk more about the book.
I'm on Zoloft right now.
I am ready to quit. The only problem is I can't seem to even get excited about quitting. Even though I know it's for the best and I'll feel so much better and I'll be able to get on with my life, etc. And, I'm fully prepared to deal with the nicotine cravings. What I can't get past is the depression. I can't get past the thought(s) that NOTHING will ever be as enjoyable. How am I going to drive an hour to work every morning without my "little friends"? How am I going to clean house without my smoke breaks? How am I going to go on road trips that are supposed to be fun? No matter how many times I try to convince myself, I just can't get past it. If anyone has any suggestions please help. If I could convince myself that life is still enjoyable without cigarettes, I would've quit YEARS ago!
17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi twinmama...wow, I am sooo with you!. I read Allen Carr's book (the one for women to stop smoking). Naturally I choose this method for its very name ...easyway. As y nic is Miss Weak, that should tell you something. You know the part where he insists you keep smoking until the last page, well, I did that. However the bad news is I read the book twice so I could continue. My first week, I had several slips, so yes I didn't smoke 272 cigs, but I need smoked almost 8. Now I am going to set a new quit date because I really want to, but because also I want to come back in here a get the pats on the back I will deserve. Good luck to both of us!
  • Quit Meter

$104,456.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5607 Hours: 0

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nothing to forgive TwinsMomma, Breaking Free just sent that great poster to all of us. It's a great reminder when those evil thoughts come creaping back. I think maybe you need to treat yourself to a nice relaxing hot bath and get some good sleep. We will always be here no matter what. I am so glad that you found us. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 297 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
TwinsMomma, No one is stupid and there is never a stupid question. The list better be blank, there are NO advantages to smoking. I know right now you feel like you are in a black cloud, go through the whole program to your left and use the tools this site offers. Believe me when I say it will get easier, you are not losing a friend you are gaining your life back. Really with friends like that, well you know. Take some really deep breaths to relax and calm yourself, it works. Take some quality "you" time. Go through the whole program and then use us, we are very helpful and really we don't even mind if you cry, scream, hollar, or just get right down rude...we can take it, bring it on. You deserve it, always remember that. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 297 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Breaking Free that is an awesome list....I LOVE IT!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 297 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26

Reading this thread: