Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,785 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

FEELINGS OF DOOM AND GLOOM

17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My life is still enjoyable without cigarettes. In fact, it's better. I have more time to enjoy my life and the things I like doing. I can deal with heat better, I can walk for hours without getting out of wind. The short term depression you feel when you first quit is nicotines way of trying to get you back and keep you hooked. If you are strong enough to get by it, you'll soon forget it and life is still good even without nicotine. I am living proof that life is still enjoyable after cigarettes are gone. I can't give you any better proof. It's up to you to believe it or not.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 133 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,677 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1130.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$100,027.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9160 Hours: 23

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 208 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mom: I too had the same feelings of "what am I gonna do without my cigs" I drive 1 hour and 15 min to work...And I am sitting in traffic the whole way.....I didnt even know my car would start unless I had a cig in my hand....I was so depressed about my life as a non smoker (I smoked for 34 years) But, I knew I had to quit if I wanted to live to see my grandkids grow up.... I was dreading the first morning drive...I talked my way threw getting ready, I grabbed a big glass of ice water, some chewing gum and some hard candy....I took a deep breath and off I went (I made sure there were no cigs in the car the night before) It was a difficult drive........I kept telling myself "You can do this" And on the drive home, I kept telling myself...."You made it to work and you can make it home. By the time I reached home, I wanted a cig so bad....but again I talked myself thru the cravings. Every morning after that, it got easier and easier. Now I never even think of smoking while I am driving...It becomes a "way of life" not to smoke.. What ever it is you think can't be done without a cig....Just do it anyway, you will began relizing that you are surviving without smoking....Everything can be done and things just start falling into place..... I look back now...and I wonder "Why did I make it so difficult?" Just get you mind set and Just do it.....You will love the freedom... Brenna [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/2/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 532 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,648 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2394 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 62 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$32,435.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 643 Hours: 22

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: