Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,663 Members

Please welcome our newest members: kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725

New but on my way

17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I want to say thank you to EVERYONE for making me feel welcome and making me feel like I can do it this time. I will definitely use you all...lol...to your limit. As I said before I am doing the patch thing, hoping that the mind part will be much less before the actual withdrawal. I actually prepared myself almost 6 months in advance but cutting down what I smoked. I am an anal retentive schedule person so I started scheduling when I could have a cig. I feel it really helped me on this mind game...just very nervous for when the nicotine is gone. Going to talk to a doc to get some help at that point because I DON'T want to be weak, I WANT to quit smoking this time. Now I am rambling....thanks again everyone I am SOOOOOOOOO glad I found this web site. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 96 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey everyone, loved reading the support that is on here so thought I would join up. Wish I would have known about this site yesterday...it was BAD!!!! Made it through it so YIPPY, today is a good day. I am on the patch and determined to follow it through and then also ask for help once I am off it. Before I wanted to do it all on my own but now I know it's ok to need or get help to accomplish this. My husband and I are doing it together. I really want to make it this time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 87 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 322 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BonBon Hi Jacko here on day 3 and on Zyban. You do what you gotta do. Tried 10 times me in 10 years...the old New Year resolution etc...Never worked..became a June Bug and cracking on with the quit. Post here when you crave...thats what its all about. Welcome Jacko [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 104 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Conratulations BonBon on 8 smoke free days so far. This site is an amazing place and will help you through. Post or read when you need help about maintaining the quit, and you will find all the inspiration that you need to carry on! Let us know how you get on kolativey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 194 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[center][b]Hi BonBon and [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/changing_colors_2.gif[/IMG] to the SSC If you can get your hubby to join as well that would be great. Do the Quit Program Tools to the left of your screen. Being prepared is half the battle. My husband is too busy to join. So I fill him in on all that I learn. Commit to your quit. Promise yourself that you will not go back if your husband does. Your quit needs to be about you.[/b][/center] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,424 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $188 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$54,519.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5958 Hours: 0

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bob Bon - My husband and I quit together and are still going strong at 95 days! It can be nerve wracking at times, we have gotten on each other's nerves, but then all we do is laugh sometimes - cuz what else are ya gonna do???? Wishing you & your hubby the best, CobenFan (Christine) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,625 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $332.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congradulations!!! remember, u r not alone....lean on us here at the group. Check back often [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,467 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $516 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 299 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Whenever you feel the need to tear something up or let out frustration or anger or anything of the sort, know that you can come here and that everything will get taken care of becuase the people here care and listen!!!
  • Quit Meter

$16,515.14

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 907 Hours: 16

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 299 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Please ramble on!! That is what the site is for! Mucho Ramblings!!!!!
  • Quit Meter

$16,515.14

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 907 Hours: 16

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BonBon, You taper the patch, just like the cigs. Next thing you know they are both gone. Take a look around the site, and see if you can find anyone who needs help in one of the other forums. That's how it works here, you help when you can, and get help when you need it. Cheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 359 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,635 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1023.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59

Reading this thread: