Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

My First Day

18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Damn straight you put it back on if you feel like you're going to fold up. I felt a little edgy when I first left the patch but it didn't last long. I kept one with me (a 7mg) in case things got bad. That patch was going on before I smoked no matter what. I've been off the patch for weeks now and I still have the 7mg patch ready to go if I need it. I will not smoke ever again. You sound like you wont either - that's great. Congrats! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,413 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $824.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$100,003.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9158 Hours: 19

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't rush it - take your time. This is not about instant gratification it's about behavior modification and that takes time. I wore the 21 MG patch for 7 weeks, I went to the 14 MG patch for 2 weeks and the 7 MG patch for just over a week. I have been patch free now for several weeks. I achieved my goal of being nicotine free by my birthday on May 29. The patch is great, or it was for me. This is about quitting smoking, not about how quick you can drop the NRT's. Use them for as long as you need to. Just don't smoke. Being the lead of a group is great, just don't make that your reason for quitting. Don't allow it to pressure you either. One day at a time. You can all do this. get the others here on SSC - we'd love to cheer you all on! Good luck! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,242 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $782 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$100,003.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9158 Hours: 19

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 407 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have others here noticed that I seem to never fail in giving my advice on such matters as these? Now, let me share my personal experience, which has been one of much success - I joined a cessation class wherein we were all checked each week for carbon monoxide in our system. The intent was that we would make every attempt to cut way back on smokes. Secondly, at the end of 3 sessions we were issued patches (Habitrol - Equate at WalMart). The instructions were to wear each mg. (21,14,7) for 4 weeks and then and only then step down to the lesser mg.(14,7). I did it by the letter and my results below should be impressive to anyone attempting to cast aside that demon (I also encourage you to read my Success Story under Hall of Fame). Even a fool like me after 46 years of puffin' stopped and has never smoked another. Those in our class who did not follow program failed. I have something to say to you about your comments: 1. You are seeking ways to short-circuit or speed up the process (ie- rid body of nicotine quickly.) I do not see where, after apparently smoking for a long time, you now are in such a hurry to fail (meant only in the best of ways) by rushing. I know of no fast way to do this and be success. Remember, it is the tar (ie-burning tobacco), not the nicotine that was killing you with all the chemicals. Please allow me to congratulate you on your decision to not only quit the nasty habit...but also th lead a group of others to that end. Lindsey Footnote: Insurance companies checking one's smoking status can detect nicotine in your system as much as one year after your last cigarette. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2001 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1731 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 103,900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17310 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 357 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$122,731.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8392 Hours: 0

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: