Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Quitting in the morning

17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Andy, You've made the right decision and you've found the right place! I'm a good ten years older than you and the chances are that I've smoked a lot more cigarettes than you. Before the start of my quit, if you'd asked anybody that I know whether I could stop smoking, they would probably have said 'yes, but only for the hours that he sleeps at night'. I was surprised to get through the first day, the first week. The bigger surprise was to find as I moved through my quit, the thought of smoking being 'enjoyable' was alien to me. Don't get me wrong, it is difficult. You will need determination, focus on your quit and I find a sense of humour helps (even a bad one) Keep visiting, keep posting, keep on keeping quit! Mr Ed ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,424 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �855 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Andy, You can do this, your mind can be greater that the cig. I am on my 3rd day. There never seems to be a right time, but it sound like you are ready to do what it take, just belive that you can do! I to said to myself okay just two packs (thats how I bought them) then I will quit, well that was 6 packs ago. Finally I convinced myself well what you waiting for? So as I was down to my last two, I already was feeling like I was going through withdraw (for me the mental is much harder than the physical withdraw) So I smoked my last one and about two hours from that point my mind was debating to run to the store and get a pack or do I do this. I had quit before for three years so I knew what I was getting ready to go through. This was not an overnight decision, but it was just when? You just have to do it point blank! Take each moment not day not hour but each moment and know that you can do it, you can do, you can do it. Stay real close to this web site! Believe in yourself. YOU CAN DO IT! Julie :)
  • Quit Meter

$166,240.86

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6009 Hours: 1

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Andy, How are you doing? It is day three for me and it has been a tough one but I know I dont want to smoke any more so I will make it through this and so will you. I just get frusterated because I dont want to feel this awful feeling anymore, but I do know that their is light at the end of the tunnel and I can look forward to not feeling like this, I do know because I quit before for 3 years. I dont know what possesed me to start again! You have my greatest encourgement! Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 28 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9.06 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
  • Quit Meter

$166,240.86

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hello Andy how it going? Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 78 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $31.71 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$166,240.86

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Andy, Glad to hear you are hanging in there with a positive outlook. I encourge you to stay strong in those moments of temptation (I know it must be hard knowing your hubby smokes). My hubby "eats coppenhagen, it bothers me a little but I am thankful that he dosent smoke. I wish he would quit but then again I would have to send him around to the other side of the world for about 2 months lol. Hes gone about three days due to the fact his job had him in places where he ran out! I still find the mornings hard for me but I am determined to get through this. I truly am so tired of smoking and the control it has over me, I will say "it had over me" when I am truly off the patch and can maintain fully by myself. Well, heres to ya, CHEERS! Keep up the effort and the great attitude, I am with you all the way! Your friend Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 86 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36.24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$166,240.86

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
forgot my meter ..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,262 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $259 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Andy, Don't forget to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, breathe in, breathe out (slowly & deeply) to work through craves and have your coping mechanisms ready to roll. Many use hard candy, mints, etc. CobenFan (Christine)
17 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Andy, Congrats on your decision to join us non-smokers. Sometimes I'm still amazed that I don't smoke anymore...I smoked for over 35 years. In my first days as a non-smoker I spent alot of time on this site reading and working the program at the left.Since I am addicted to nicotine I know that just one slip and I could be back to smoking again...I don't EVER want to go there again. I like to tell myself(as so many of us on this site do) N.O.P.E.-Not One Puff Ever.Someone on this site suggested writing that down and that's exactly what I did, I made a couple of N.O.P.E. notes and stuck them on my monitor and in my office area. Make several if you need to...just don't let the evil monster drag you down that hole again-you're stronger than that :eg: Stay strong! Trudy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,810 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $233.22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Andy - Welcome and congrats on your decision to quit. It always seems to be scary right before you make this step - but sometimes after you quit you may feel that this was nothing to be frightened of. You are making the best choice in your life...for your health, your life and your children's life. Second Hand smoke in children and pets is deadly. Please stay close to this site in the first few weeks, post whenever you feel the cravings and you will see how fast people are here for you. We want everyone here to have a great smoke free life. Here's to You! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,065 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $212 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$1,703,287.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5860 Hours: 19

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Andy, you are right one day (or even one hour) at a time is the way to get through this. You have to be fully committed and 100% determined and then it is not so bad after all. Just remember - when times get tough just fight one more round! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 121 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,453 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �302.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12

Reading this thread: