Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Quitting in the morning

17 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Andy, How are you getting on? You will be clean of nicotine by now...48-72 hours - congratulations! Now you body is repairing itself and your brain rewiring itself to feel normal without nicotine flooding it with dopamine. Hang in there! this will take about 10 more days. You've already shown yourself you can get through 24 hours so just commit to that each morning and evening. The weekend is coming up...make sure you have a plan and REWARD yourself! Keep reading and good luck! Chicken Licken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 490 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $407 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck, Andy. Today is my first day. I did that calculator and realized how much I would have saved over the years, amazing.
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome andy, I'm here for you, baby.... Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 262 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$74,944.65

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6524 Hours: 15

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Try not to be so hard on yourself, i think a lot of us have done the same thing. we always seem to find a reason as to why the day is not the right day. But if you want it bad enough then you will do it, but you really have to want it bad. And once you do come in we are all here going through the same things and if different someone can always help you along thats what is so great about this site, no matter what you feel someone has felt it as well so you are not alone and welcome to the journey of being smoke free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 71 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$363,368.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6524 Hours: 15

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[center][IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/hello_rotating.gif[/IMG] Andy & [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/changing_colors_2.gif[/IMG] Feel the fear and do it anyway! [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/rockkickash.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/an183.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/Animation23.gif[/IMG] ... you've come to the right place for support!![/center] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 783 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $104 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$54,505.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5956 Hours: 11

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love to hear the positive attitude! Keep it and you will succeed Andy. You sound like you are doing GREAT! ... and sounds like you have planted a little quit seed with your hubby ... let's see if grows ... that is awesome. Congrats to you ... almost done with your first week ...Woot! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 974 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $128 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$54,505.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5956 Hours: 11

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr. Ed makes all of us laugh! Andy, you can do this. Making a decision to quit smoking is sometimes just as hard as quitting ...!! We are here to help. :) Mira [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 464 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$44,966.79

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5158 Hours: 6

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I got thrown off with the page numbers at first too! LOL When you want to chat about how you feel, check in here and tell us about it. There is nothing that you have felt that one of us has not also felt ... !!! Nice to have you here Andy! Mira :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 492 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$44,966.79

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Julie, Nothing possessed you to start smoking again! Nicotine is a monster. A highly addictive one! A person can quit for 10 years and have a smoke and be up to 2 packs a day again! This is why Andy and Julie, and everyone else, remember.. NOT ONE PUFF EVER! NOPE!!!!! It is like an alcoholic having a drink! We can never smoke again! I feel great about it ! Mira :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 487 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$44,966.79

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Andy: I know the scared feeling of what it will be like "on the other side" without cigarettes. That is the hardest part, and there really is life after cigarettes. I too am taking Wellbutrin, and it really does take away the urge to smoke. I had been on the patch for one month, then finally got in to see my doctor for a prescription for the Wellbutrin, and really, after two weeks, I did not need the patch anymore, the Wellbutrin was more than enough. Of course, it is different for everyone, but you can do this. Drink lots of water, find other things to hold, coffee stirrers, get lots of gum, cough drops, etc., you can get through this, and it is soooo nice to not wake up and have your mouth taste like an ashtray, your house no longer has that stale, sour cigarette smell, and you no longer stink. Your sense of smell improves so quickly, and when you walk by or are near smokers you become quickly horrified and think: Oh God, I smelled like that? This site has been great, everyone has a lot of wisdom. Good luck, you can do it. MiouMiou [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $206.46 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5

Reading this thread: