Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Need Encourgement

17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!!! Hang in there, it gets better! We are here for support anytime you need. I know you can do this, believe in yourself! Be strong!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 453 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Julie, If it's possible for you, try acupuncture or massage. In my other attempts to quit I was so anxious and incredibly angry. I decided to quit cold turkey this time, with the help of acupuncture. It's still hard sometimes but I find I don't have anxiety, anxiousness, and anger like I have in the past. If those things aren't possible, at 12:30 throw on your running shoes and run girl!!! When you feel like having a smoke just remember, this too shall pass. The craving will go away again. You just have to wait it out. If that requires you to jog while you are waiting then by all means, jog. Good luck. We're right there with you :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 777 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $192 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey there Julie and Jamie too, hang in there. You don't ever have to smoke again, even if you want to. The intensity of the cravings come and go and you just have to hang on until it passes. Try finding something busy to do. Plant some flowers. Take a long hot bath. Go for a walk. Treat yourself to a massage or a pedicure. Do anything and everything except pick up a cigarette. The sleeplessness and headaches and other withdrawal symptoms go away pretty quickly. It's important for you to feel every last bit of it so you won't want to go through it ever again. My mantra is, This too shall pass. I know it's not easy but it is very simple. Don't light up, no matter what. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 798 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $198 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Text Hello eveyone! Today is my second day of not smoking and I am feeling a little crazy at the moment. I started smoking when I was around 16 yrs old and I am now 37 yrs old. I did quit for about three years, approx 6 yrs ago and now I have been smoking for about three years again. So instead of kicking myself for getting hooked again Ive decided to do something about it. I hate everything about smoking, as a matter of fact I despise it, but its one of those things I do to relax or get a break from work or at home. I actually started to put quitting off for just one or two more packs but thats what I said 6 packs ago! I know from last time I just have to do it because there is never the feeling of being ready to quit (my personal experience of opinion). Last night I felt like I could have run 25 laps around my neighborhood at 1230 in the morning (one lap is a 1/2 of mile). My anxious energy was extremly high last night I just keep drinking as much water a possible. Well for now I might go and face the next 30 mins of my day with some self talk and maybe a nap! Well thanks to all you for your support and HANG IN THERE is dose get easier to manage and it is worth it. AHHHHHHHHH! Julie
  • Quit Meter

$166,215.24

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6008 Hours: 5

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Well I ve made through yesterday! I went on my routine walk (1 mile)yesterday evening after dinner felt great. I actually was so motivated that I ran an addition 1/2 mile (didnt think I still had it in me). After all that I came back and stretched and once I cooled down wouldnt you know I was ready to go have a cig., but I didnt so I was a little edgy last night okay alot edgy! I am not working right now I am attending school for nursing, so this is another reason that quitting is very important to me. I cant stand double standards so I must practice what I preach. I ve been in emergency patient care and have delt with patients who were smokers. They all have told me that theyve done to themsleves and if I can quit they would highly recommend it. I lost my mother-n-law to smoking and my mother recently past away last Sept, if her sickness hadnt taken life, here smoking would have she had the beginning of emphasiema (pardon me I dont if I spelled that right). Not only that I am 37 and I started noticing the wrinkles beginning around my mouth. I can deal with old age wrinkles but not smoking wrinkes! I plan on taking my kids to the movies today. Yesterday we spent some time in the library to the point they were begging to go!lol I told them that it helps mommy to be in place like this were I cant smoke. Even when I was smoking it never bothered me to put myself in non smoking situations, till I got home and straight outside to the pation I would go! I was alright up till about 4 hours then I would start to go crazy, unless I was at home, I would put my smokes in an inconvient place so it took effort to go get one. Mostly due to my kids, out of sight out of mind. Thank you all for the encourgement, care, and concern. I hope somehow you may find from my readings the same. Keep up the strength and know that you will continue to live as a "NON-Smoker". Just think when the doctors ask "do you smoke" you can finally say, "no as a matter of fact, I dont not" God Bless Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9.06 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$166,215.24

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Good Afternoon! Well I ve made it so far through a very rough day. Even though it has been what Ill call a very achy or icky day for me, I am determined to cont. to quit. I spent about 3-4 hrs playing my musical instrument (with short breaks in between) and played with my kids alot today. I do notice that I have been very extremly hungry today though. I almost afraid to eat today they way I feel, I am trying to drink mucho water. Must go for now. I feel like like something is sucking out my viens, very much need my cheerleading squad right now. Bye for now. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9.06 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$166,215.24

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thats really funny! I think the cheerlearders are great! Thank you for the encourgement. J
  • Quit Meter

$166,215.24

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank you very much Breaking Free! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 28 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9.06 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$166,215.24

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank you so much for your compasionate encourgement, it is well taken. This morning has been extremly stressful. No one around me can imagine what I am feeling. If you asked me I acting pretty darn nice to them, calm with a smile on my face when really I want to scream at them. I usually have a calm laid back attitude so when I appear mad or upset my family stays clear of me! I ve chewed so much gum I'm gonna get lock jaw, lol. We have company coming over for dinner and Thankfully they dont smoke. Well I have to run but thanks for the ear and shouldr waaaaaaaa! Ahhhhhhh! (scream! yell!) wow that felt good now I need the tissue cause I feel like crying just so I dont get mad, cause I hate getting mad it pointless! Well to all of you, hang in there you can make through yet another beautiful day. Life is precsious and so are you and by not smoking you are making your life and the life of your loved ones that much more beautiful! your comitted friend Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 35 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.59 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$166,215.24

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Good Morning! I ve made it to day 4 horray! When I wake up its really tough. Heres to another day of making it through hell week :gasp: :) I can never that you guys enough for being here for me. When I look at how far youve made it, it proves to me that I can too. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 34 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.59 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$166,215.24

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: