Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,491 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Need Encourgement

17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Julie, I am with you sister.....I am on day 2 however I am using the patch and I laid in bed with my eyes wide open till 4:00am and had to be at work by 7:00am. Suffice to say I am miserable today but I just keep picturing the money I am saving and can feel my bdy starting to release the toxins. I have a pastey mouth and I feel myself sweating prefusely. Just hang in there as I fully intend to do. I think at lunch I will do and hour of cardio just to let my lungs get that burst of fresh air. This time next week I am sure we will be feeling alot better. Cheers! Your fellow Newbie Jamie :)
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Julie! We're all rooting for you. Keep busy and stay strong. S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 209 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes hang in there! I have 12 days now smoke free with the help of the patch and the gum and have had 2 sessions of acupuncture so far....this week has been very hard for me but I refuse to give in. I am going to give it my all this time. I find my hand still reaching for that cigarette but it's not there...I suppose I will feel like this for a while but you know something? The feeling of needing that cigarette hasn't lasted as long today as other days...maybe this is the beinning of something good! Don't give in..think of all the reasons that want to quit! You are not alone!....Glaze [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 384 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Come on Julie! [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/cheerleader_clapping_pompoms_lg_wht.gif[/IMG] You can do this girl. The withdrawals will go away. You must push forward to get through these days. Don't believe the nicotine lies. Remember ... NO SMOKING ... EVER! Take some deep breaths ... and do not forget to reward yourself. Maybe a nice bubble bath at the end of the day with some candles and a good book? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 804 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $104 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$54,486.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 8

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Knowledge is power. And the more you learn about how to quit, the more power you'll have. Power translates into control. When you are 10 days into your quit and you have a strong craving, you will have the tools/skills/knowledge to deal with that craving. You will know that the occasional bad day may rear it's ugly head, but you will know what you can do about it. You will know where to go for help. Lay your foundation/Make a plan, Empower yourself with knowledge, Knowledge = increased motivation and will power, Commit to your Quit, Make it happen! Believe in the process of your QUIT. Believe in yourself. Remember that you can do this just as well as the person who quit successfully before you. Everyone who has quit successfully before you does not have any secret power that you don't possess. It is just a matter of feeling the fear and doing it anyway! You can do this. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 773 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $100 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$54,486.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Julie you are doing great ... we are all here for you if you need us. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 854 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$54,486.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Julie ! How are you doing today ? Mira :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 487 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$44,950.95

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5156 Hours: 10

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Julie, Alright another day under your belt! Know you're not alone to experience these rollercoaster feelings, it's normal and it will pass. You're doing a great job at kicking the habit thus far. Keep going, you can do this! Danielle __________________________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 334 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Julie! Welcome and its nice to meet you! You have a very similar story to mine - quit for 2 years about 4 years ago and then spent the last two years beating myself up about it and not doing anything to stop it! Quitting smoking on May 1rst was the best thing I've done - and it will be for you too! Just remember to take it easy on yourself this first couple of weeks. Get lots of rest, drink lots of water, keep your hands occupied. In short - do what it takes to get through HELL week. If you havent already get yourself the quit meter so you can keep track of your amazing stats and then share them with all of us, and follow the program - it really helps! When your having a rough spot check in here and read for inspiration, post to others who need some - stay close! You can do this - you already have experience! Cheers, Skidoo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $198 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear you are doing well Julie. Keep it up, and you will be hitting that 30 Days before you know it! Then it's on to 100 days, 1 year... woo! Bingo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 949 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $141 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13

Reading this thread: