Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

NewComer

17 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, I needed that swift kick in the behind. Sounds like Duffis isn't much of a Duffis afterall! Thanks for all the support. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 53 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
No that wasn't me. I've quit many times but never had the support I've found here. I think this site will make the difference this time.
Thanks for the support. No nic for me, just the Laser session on Saturday and I went again yesterday. Although it didn't help like I thought it would, I think it's helped with my mood. I seem to be much calmer this time around. Not sure, but I'm definately not as "pyscho" as other quit attempts. This morning was hard but I feel better now.
Hello everyone. I'm glad to have found this website!! Last night after dinner was my last cig. I went for a Laser session on Saturday which to me was a waste of $ as I had a cig 1/2 hour afterwards. Now I'm sure I've tried everything out there claiming to help and now know (which I knew all along) that there is no "miracle" treatment out there, just plain will power. When does thoughts of smoking stop?? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 31 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
Thank you all for your support. I have been on this site for an hour or so and must admit no big urges have crossed my mind. I will definately check back in here often. Yes, I have completed the program and will review it often for reminders. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 32 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
good job One day at a time and stay positive... Just one week for me, but i already feel so much better. I post and read everymorning with my coffer instead of smoking. It really helps
17 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/mottaallen/welcome30.gif[/IMG] You're in the right place! Stay close and fight, fight, fight! T. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 218 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $49.84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$14,956.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 367 Hours: 11

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi DTQ, In my first week, I too wondered when the thoughts of wanting a smoke would go away. It drove me bonkers. Once I started adding new things into my life it really helped. Every time a thought entered my head about wanting a smoke, I'd pop some gum in my mouth, I'd tell that voice to get lost ... to go away ... that I was winning this battle and not them ... that I was quitting for good and they would never steal my self control again, ... I'd get busy doing something ... cleaning, posting on here, exercising, watch a TV show, play with my kids, cook, etc. etc. etc. ... the thought would go away. Then as some days went by ... and I was putting good habits in the place and time that I use to spend bad habits/smoking the thoughts about having a smoke started to get farther and farther apart. I still have a 'down' day every once in a while, but it is defiantly getting better. Hang in there ... there is light at the end of the tunnel. Gum, talk positive to yourself, tell Nicodemon to get lost that you do not want him anymore ... you want a life full of good things, get busy, feel great! I am feeling so much better than I did my first week. You can do this. Believe in yourself. Hang in there and know that this will pass. You are on a roller coaster ride at them moment. It may not be fun at first ... it may be kinda scary ... but don't get off ... before you know it ... you'll be having a blast on this ride and you will never want to get off. Best wishes for you! We are DOING THIS!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 559 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$54,499.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 20

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Dang! I KNEW I should have laughed! LOL! You are a inspiration Martha & so many of the things you say ring so true for me. So don't be surprised when you find me following you around. You'll just have to stop being so darned smart if you want me to stop quoting you next time. This was your one and only chance to shake me free from ya! [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/blbl.gif[/IMG] heh! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 596 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$54,499.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Martha I don't know whether you are joking or being serious. My nature wants to laugh, but erring on the side of caution I'm going to guess you are being serious. A lot of things you posted stated exactly how I felt or thought. I didn't think I could improve on anything you had already stated. So I quoted and agree'd. Other times I quoted what and who I was responding, so people would know what I carrying on about. If it offends you for me to quote you ... I won't. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 594 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$54,499.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: