Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,836 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

nearly time

18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How is it going Paula????? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 307 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1074.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Yep Paula.. You know the drill. Take a shower and keep yourself busy. Tell your friend to get the smokes away from you. Keep clear because that is way too much temptation. Great job on not giving in. Take it five minutes at a time. You can do this! We are all rooting for you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 306 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,128 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1071 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
Hi Paula.. I've been watching for you. Glad to see you are back. Don't be scared. You know that taking the plunge is the hardest part of the quit. Finals are over for me too. Its a great feeling. So now get ready for your new smoke free life. We are here to help in anyway we can. I know ladybugg will be glad to see you too! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 305 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,117 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1067.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Paula, Just take it one day at a time... one hour at a time or even one craving at a time! You CAN do this! Don't give up on yourself! There's only ONE way to quit and that's to not smoke! Until you're ready to do this thing without allowing yourself to give up, then you'll keep smoking! You can do this! Just keep going! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 188 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,718 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $776.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Paula, Glad to see that you are back with us. It's really not so bad once you get started. So take the plunge and join us. Cheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 302 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,268 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $860.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
failure again. sorry guys, thanks for rooting for me but I guess I didn't want it enough. Going to do some soul searching and I'll be back when the time is right for me Paula
Hi everyone, Finals are over and I have my meter set for next monday.I'll admit that I'm quite scared of quitting having failed so many times! But I'm trying to remember how good it felt being free and smelling nice, not to mention the lovely treats I could buy myself with all the money I saved! I'm going to start taking vitamin B & C to help my nervous system, I found that it helped a lot last time. And becasue I'm finished college I have a lot of spare time so I have to sort out some goals for myself to keep my hands and mind occupied. I know that veryone gets quite nervous when the quit date gets closer and I'm toying with the idea of using the patches to make it easier but I've found that I've always done better just going cold turkey. I just wish I wasn't so scared. What I really should be thinking about is how scared I should be if I keep depending on my crutch. It's even going through my mind to just stop now and I don't know what to do! Part of me wants to but the other part is telling me that I haven't planned anything and I have to see someone tommorrow who is a chimney smoker, which I can't get out of. Ah, I don't know. It's mad how crazy you become battling nico in your head. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Hi, I have that empty insecure feeling. A friend called up earlier as I was expecting and I told him that I wasn't smoking and he was supportive and promised not to light up until he had left my house. He lit up within 5 mins of saying that, and yes, in the house. It really was as if he hedn't even thought about it, he was just having a cup of coffee and automatically a cig! I'm going to go and have a shower and keep myself busy, check in with you later! Paula [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
I'm gonna go for it now. I've thrown all the cigs in the house which was 2 packs and one in my dresser drawer! After my last post, I watched alan carrs video and just decided why not now? If I leave it for another few days I'll probably think of more excuses and get even more nervous so instead, the journey begins now. I'll keep you posted! Thanks for the support! Paula [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Feel lousy, drained, tense and tired and my chest feels like its going to explode! I guess that means its nap time! Paula

Reading this thread: