Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Coming off the patches

18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi OinkOink2U, I forgot to put a patch on one day, but wasn't as brave (went out to buy some more). The fact that you're doing well without is of great encouragement to me. Keep going, I'm sure you'll make it All the best, Mr Ed [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,176 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �540 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Thanks for your messages of support (RedRosie, Lizzie, Josie & Sunshine). I really believe that I can quit. Hopefully I can help others in this group as you've helped me Thanks very much [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,163 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �540 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
Thanks Lizzie, And congrats on your achievements - 3 years a non-smoker!
Hi RedRosie Thanks for your words of encouragement. Wish I'd found this site earlier!
I'm currently on my final week of (7mg) patches, prior to going it alone. I'm now 70 days smoke-free and most of the time have coped with the cravings. Can anyone who has been in this position before tell me how I might react when I'm 'patch-free'? Thanks [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,139 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �532.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr Ed, I used the patches for 10 weeks, and I think that is what you are doing. I had little cravings after I took the patch off. But the 10 weeks that I wore the patch helped me so much. I found things to do and that way I try to stay busy. The only time I have a craving is when I am in a situation and can't get out of it. That is around people that are smoking, especially if they are at my home. Even though they are outside I can still smell the smoke and see them smoking...Learn to do some deep breathing it really helps. Sugar free hard candy is also good. I keep tooth picks in my can. I sometimes use straws just to suck in the clean air and blow it out... Sounds strange don't it, but believe me it helps. Congratulations on those big 70 day that is awesome, and we are glad that you found SSC. So anytime you need help or just ask a question all you have to do is post... Just like you did today.. WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!!! Stay strong and keep on fighting...You will win so keep on saying I CAN DO THIS!!! Be blessed, Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,851 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $378 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
  • Quit Meter

$229,984.31

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6398 Hours: 7

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr. Ed, You are welcome, and I am sure you have lots of wisdom to share and we can't wait to hear all you have learned... Again welcome to our family at SSC..Stay strong and continue to post.. Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 109 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,861 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $381.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$229,984.31

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6398 Hours: 7

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ed, I came off the patches yesterday, involuntarilly as I left for work without a patch and did not have time to go back otherwise would have been late. I was due to use my last patch on Sunday but thought that as I had gone yesterday without then I would give them up now and have not found it too bad. It is almost 2 full days (different time zone) since I last had a patch on and so far so good, so I reckon you will be fine. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 954 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �197.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your welcome. I agree, this site is amazing. I was lucky enough to find it around 2 weeks before I quit and found the tools on the left a great way to jump start my determination. It is never to late though to use this site in your quit. We are all here for each other, so always feel able to post however you are doing.[color=Red]redrosie[/color] :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,744 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $946.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Morning Mr Ed, Congrats on your 71 days. Awesome. I quit using the patches myself with much success. I was on them for 8 weeks altogether and at each step down was quite nervous, but I found no differences. When I was totally patch-free, I had no problems at all. These past 70 days have given you time to cope with the other "habits" that come with smoking. (oral, keeping busy, etc.) I'm sure you're going to do great as well! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,744 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $946.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12

Reading this thread: