Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Having a really tough time

18 years ago 0 80 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh I am right behind ya! Last time with the patch it was easy. I knew when I picked one up I was doomed, so here I am again. I had 4 months and relasped, became a closet smoker. Time to get back on the horse and kick this. I was sooo stinking mad before. I wasn't prepared for anger like I had it... now I am. You can do this too! Just hang on and do whatever supports you in this. YOU have to come first! Your not alone!!!!!! :)
18 years ago 0 80 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lol we were replying to eachoths post at the same time lol meant to post this here... Lets do this !!!! Today is my songs bday so I want the date to be meaningful both ways. He is 21, imagine that, I will be 40 this year and do NOT want to enter 40's smoking. Remember how gross it is, smelly stinking ick! Nothing goood about it... NOTHING! Lets be healthy, smell nice and have cash too!! So many good things in quitting!!! WE can do this!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Struggling, Sorry, I didn't see the second page when I responded the first time. :blush: When you're done eating, substitute something else for the cigarette... for instance, everytime you finish eating, go for a walk, or suck on a mint or hard candy, have a low cal desert... something that will signal to your brain that you are done eating and it also replaces that urge to smoke. Hope that helps! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 159 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,995 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $656.67 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Struggling, Congratulations! The nicotine is almost all the way out of your system, so you're doing really good! This is really hard... especially at first, but you can and will get through this! We smoked for many many many years, so it's only logical that it will take more than a couple of days to become comfortable with the quit. As for this weekend, here's my advice on that. Protect your quit with all you've got! Don't take your quit somewhere where it might get hurt or lost! Stay close to this site so we can help you out whenever you're having a difficult craving, and do whatever it takes to keep your quit secure! I don't recommend going out to bars just yet or drinking... drinking too early in a quit or not being totally prepared is one of the biggest quit killers there is! So if it takes a while before you're comfortable to go out, then that's OK. Just whatever you do, protect that quit! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 159 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,995 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $656.67 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations to you all for starting this adventure! You have many "upperclassmen" here who will reach out and help you whenever you need help. Please understand that you are going through withdrawal from one of the most addictive drugs on earth. It isn't a quick and dirty deal here. It takes hard work, determination, commitment, and a firm hold on your desire to quit. The addiction is going to try to make it tough for you and is going to put all kinds of thoughts in your head, thoughts like: This isn't the right time. I can't do this. This is too hard for me. I'm too (old, young, weak, whatever). You have to conquer those thoughts by replacing them with positive thoughts: I CAN DO THIS! I AM DOING THIS! I CHOOSE NOT TO SMOKE! SMOKING IS NOT AN OPTION! NOT ONE PUFF EVER (N.O.P.E.) ONE DAY AT A TIME! ONE HOUR AT A TIME! ONE MINUTE AT A TIME! IF RUSTY CAN DO IT AFTER SMOKING 1 1/2 PACKS A DAY FOR 40 YEARS, I CAN DO IT, TOO! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 478 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,395 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1673 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 65 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$54,745.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 646 Hours: 11

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Struggling, you can read my story in the Hall of Fame (December 2005). My inspiration for quitting was basically the same as everyone's: sick of it, sick of spending the money on it, sick of being an addict, and sick of being sick. But what has kept me quit from the beginning is this: I will never go back to being an addict, no matter what it takes. And I am very stubborn! Rusty :)
  • Quit Meter

$54,745.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 646 Hours: 11

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: