Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Need some quit buddies

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, Lets all lend a hand in supporting Angelic in this journey. Thanks, Melanie ____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Annie, Yes, my quit day was march 14 and I've been a good boy since then. I sometimes forget to check the 'show my meter' box, which is why this information doesn't always show. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 26 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Annie, It's all about motivation and will power. Not quitting is the easiest thing to do. Quitting is so hard it seems overwhelming at times. Did you plan your quit day with milestones and reinforcement? For me, this time, I just picked the next day (which was yesterday). Afterall, why screw around and wait. But each person is different and I've taken classes where you lead up and eventually smoke your last with a high degree of ceremony. Whatever works...good luck. -determinedtoquit
Angelic, I'm rooting for you! I'm new here and just seeing the power of the forum to help. -determinedtoquit
I need a buddy too. Are you up for it? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Angelic! I'm just a few days ahead of you.... At first i wasn't to sure about this forum and it's ability to help, but in reality (even though I've only been on here for a few days) it really does... i feel like i can talk to people that are going through the same thing. just keep fighting the urge..it does get a little bit easier each day! Tomorrow is two weeks!!!!! but this weekend will be tough ... going gambling and there is always people smoking everywhere! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 102 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
I'm using walmarts version of nicorette gum... only had 2 pieces today..but over the past couple years i'd cut back to only about 7 cigs per day so that help make it easier (it wasn't that i was trying to quit over the past two years it was just getting harder and harder to sneak around)....(long story!) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 102 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
well i never smoked inside anywhere...and i always paid attention to stand upwind and much much more...maybe it wasn't being hidden as well as i thought but nobody ever said anything. well a couple times someone asked me if i was smoking and i said i was standing around some people that were.. doesn't matter any more... NOPE! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 102 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm here for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 189 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $29.43 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Angelic- I am pretty close to your Quit time... Did my Quit cold turkey, and am finding that each day is a little better. I just say N.O.P.E. (even have NOPE as my screen savers:) I am protecting my Quit with everything I have... and plan to never have another puff, ever. What has really helped me is really being good to myself and honouring my Quit process. Each day is and has been different for me. I sleep when I feel like it, rest and make sure to treat myself (am blessed to work from home so lots of choices there:). So far, so good. And I smell good too! Let me know if I can support you. It's really true: Quitting is just not smoking. Blessings- Danita Blessings- Danita [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41

Reading this thread: