Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Need a new quitter freind to discuse progress with

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, Lets all give superwoman some support here. Any third day quitters? Melanie ______________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Superwoman, Sounds like you are heading in the right direction on becoming a successful quitter. The most common questions when quitting smoking is dealing with withdrawal symptoms. Each smoker has different withdrawal symptoms indeed yours will be unique! Although they may be unpleasant, they do pass. When you experience withdrawal symptoms, remind yourself that each symptom is a sign of recovery. Your body is in the process of healing itself. Think of withdrawal symptoms as growing pains. You need to come up with a plan! When a craving sets in, think about what are you going to do or what you can do to not give in! Try writing down some coping techniques to particular scenarios. For example, the house is clean there is nothing to do and the cravings kicks in. You have already eaten and you are in a state of panic. Try leaving the house, go for a walk, call a friend, jump on the site, have a shower. Anything that takes your mind off of temptation is beneficial. Quitting smoking is not easy and that is why we are here! We are here to help you learn on how to quit smoking and be successful. You can do this! Keep us posted and be sure to jump back on the site to let us know how you have coped with your cravings. We all learn from each other! Take care and congrats on quitting smoking, Melanie ____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Superwoman- what just floored be was that I smoked 14,600 cigs last year...that continues to clear my head when I start craving. Maybe that will help you too. You're doing great! Bob [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 798 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $171 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Superwoman - Am on my 4th day, if I can support you, let me know, dear one:) So far I am good, and staying in the moment... so that -that nicoretman person doesn't sneak up on me! :) (or w/e his name is:) Love and blessings!
18 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm on my first day ! Tried it before and the 3rd & 4th day is the toughest. I can say that deep breathing with long and slow exhales helped...the longer the exhale the more your breath in and it helps to relax you. nomore
18 years ago 0 299 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I smoked yesterday so technically this is my first day of quitting. I will keep all posted on here. You can do it and so can i.
  • Quit Meter

$16,436.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 903 Hours: 9

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello, i'm on my second day and it's alright so far. i usually only start smoking after work. it gets hard for me at night time and on weekends. how are you doing so far. please add me to your buddy list because i need all the support i can get as well.
18 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kel, the rubber band sounds like a great idea,I think I am going to try that when I'm at home.Hope everything is great for you ,I'm not doing to bad , still have my moments but that won't stop me now!Let me know how your doing. ;p
I am on my 8th day now and it is getting harder for me now! The cravings come more often & I get dizzy a lot. But I am staying strong ,I will not let this get to me . I had my lungs tested at the hospital before I quit smoking so I would have something to push me more & it works I just think about how close I was to having bad lungs scares me.I hope everyone is staying strong,we smell so much better now.I meet up with people & I know right away that they smoke.(THEY STINK!)Ha Ha :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
Kel , That's great that your son is doing it to! I am on the patch also & it seems to help.I have a hard time sleeping through the night so I took it off last night and I slept alot better. The only feeling I have from not smoking is that somthing is missing,I keep daydreaming kind of zoned out sometimes.It is great having someone to talk to who will understand these things. Keep up the good work ,We can do this! :)

Reading this thread: