Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

your valued opions please

18 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
For some reason, Day 37 was a doozy for me! I had to fight with myself all day long. It was probably good in a way, because it forced me to realize that there will be more, so I need to stay tough and prepare during the good days. Lynda
18 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Author1, Hi .. I went to a hypnotist .. I wanted to use every possible weapon that I could in this fight against my desire to smoke.. Do I feel that it worked? That is hard to say.. I smoked over 2 packs a day .. couldnt go 30 mins. without a smoke .. and now I am on day 5. My hypnotist guy also gave me a CD so that I could do it at home by myself. He said to use it as a relaxation tool, but it is filled with non-smoking suggestions. It probably is helping .. but you have to want it to work and most of all YOU have to WANT to quit. And it is totally safe. Good luck to you and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Take care. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
author1, I did the hypnosis before I quit. Although I felt that I wasn't truly hypnotized, it sure has been an easy quit for me. If I had it to do again I would see the hypnotist as a counselor and not do the hypnotism. I really loved the getting ready part with her and finding out why I wanted to quit. Looking at a future "happy place" that I wanted to be in one day. I truly imagined that place everyday. I makes me so happy and I feel so strong. The happy place was part of my hypnotism.. hmmm.. I have never once wanted to go buy a pack of cigarettes... I have never had a single doubt and stress does not make me want to smoke either. The only cravings or events that I get sneak up on me and when I recognize them.. I just say.. ah ha.. no way.. just keep moving.. Hard to tell.. but I am on day 10 and hardly have any problems now. The counseling is great.. I would do it if I could afford it.. I have heard great things about Cold Laser something or another.. great things !! 40 days.. pleaseeeee don't give in. Hang Tuff ! Chris [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 248 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $31.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are way ahead of me on quit time but I would ask if you are nicotine free yet. I have had problems in past quits using NRTs since the nic was still in me. I have had a few really bad days so far this time, but I take comfort knowing that the nic is gone. It's all about fighting the junkie thoughts now. I don't know much about self-hypnosis but I have found it helpful expending some of my new found energy researching and practicing various coping techniques. For me, anything that occupies my mind and hands seems to work well. I drive a lot in my job which is hard since I used to do a lot of smoking in the car. I have been learning to play harmonica by listening to an instructional cd and practicing while I drive. Having my smoking hand occupied and practicing the breathing techniques has really helped. Different things work for different people. The exercise of researching the self hypnosis and writing the script has probably helped already, I fail to see the danger in following through with the practice. Perhaps "googling" the topic or asking a psycho-therapist and/or M.D. about it would give peace of mind to you and your son. It's great that he has been so supportive. Use any and all tools to keep your quit. Good luck and congrats on your current level of success. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 157 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Author, I went to a hypnotist, plus I have listened daily to a subliminal CD specifically about quitting smoking. I can't say for sure that this is why I'm doing so well, but I do believe it has helped, possibly in ways I don't understand. I did realize before I quit that the subconscious is where alot of addictive talk takes hold, and I knew after smoking all my adult life, breaking those bonds were vital. I don't know anything specific about self-hypnosis, but I do have a friend who tried it by watching a VHS tape - she said it helped. Good Luck!!!
18 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for your positive imput. I'm considering doing thge hypnosis myself. Who knows. If iut works maybe I'll give up writing and put them to sleep in a different way.
Your response has been SO positive. I agree, my son doesn't need to know. {Sometimes I wonder which of us is the parent. He is so protective of me} And yes, self hypnosis is a very personal and individual thing. So I am perfecting my script, will tape it, do a little research, and I think I'm all set to go. I'll keep you posted. I suppose 52 years of addictions is a long time to let go. But I'm determined that whats left is going toi be smoke-free
Hi, I,ve been silent for a while. Guess I'm still fighting this quit thing even though 40 days into it. Every day I renew my pledge when I wake up, but by mid-morning I am ready to kill for a smoke. Common sense tells me to keep on fighting, but I'm getting so sick of it.I live in fear of losing my resolve. So I am considering trying self hypnosis. The one person I mentioned this to, my very supportive son who has held me to my quit was horrified. He thinks it is dangerous, I might put myself to a position I can't get out of. So I'm putting it to you, my dear supportive friends, for your thoughts about it. I have researched it thougoughly on the net, and even planning my script has bought me to a new level of committment. Perhaps I am clutching at straws. But my fear of relapsing is very real. Would like to hear what you think [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,228 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $300 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Author1, good to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear that you are still struggling. I know nothing about using hypnosis to help quit smoking, but like Bfs said, you should try what ever you need to do to get you through this. 40 days is great and you have worked so hard to get here, you can't give up yet. Please come here and talk to us as much as you can, it really does help. Rant, rave, whatever you need we will be here offering support and encouragement. You CAN do this. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 982 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $332 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang tough Author1, you can do this, be strong. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 247 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,943 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1111.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22

Reading this thread: