Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,514 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Could use your help

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
author, Happy Birthday. Keep up the great work maintaining your quit. You are doing a fantastic job!!!! Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy birthday for next week. I started to quit on 19/01/06, the day after my 20 week scan. I already have 2 boys, when i'm getting a little girl. I have found it quit easy so far, the harded bit is going into the shops. I have managed no to buy them so far. I felt better this morning than what I have you a long time. I want to do this so I can watch my kids grow up, I have found so far that this site has helped me loads if I feel like slipping the wrong way I come on here and it stops me
18 years ago 0 214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Moots, I did the same thing you are doing. I cut down for a week and a half and then started using the patch. It is working really well. If you really want to quit you can do it! Iwin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 168 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 72 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Moots, Another January birthday here too. I quit for my birthday on 1/14 and trust me, if I can do it, so can you. I didnt see your earlier post either because I would have wished you much luck. This is the best present you can receive. To break away from our addiction is the hardest thing we can do but will give us the greatest payoff. It was so nice to get into my car this morning and not smell the stale smokey stench. You go for it!!! :) Happy Birthday Moots -Denisey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 108 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
18 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I'm another Jan birthday, 69 today. Just stay focused on quiting. It's the 'stinking thinking' that can be the downfall. I know this because I struggle with it. Like to add you to my buddie list. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 538 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $127.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moots, have a happy birthday. You are doing much better than I before my quit date. I was down from 1 1/2 - 2 packs a day to about 10-12 cigs per day. I was on the Zyban regimen as prescribed by my doctor and come my quit date, no major hurdles - and this is my 7th day. I too had a January birthday and we will now have many more days to live and enjoy!
18 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When you feel an urge to smoke take a few deep breaths. There is no magical moment or method to quitting smoking. One moment you say I choose not to smoke the next cigarette and you just keep choosing not to smoke from that moment on. Enjoy your choice and take constant stock of the benefits of not smoking. That will reinforce your quit. It is also really helpful to spend time on this website. It is pretty hard to smoke when you are reading and posting to a quit smoking website. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/3/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Moots, not sure where your e-mail went to but I didn't see it. Not to worry, you have found the Mad Englishman!......so it all goes downhill from this point! (only joking....well in my opinion I'm only joking!). One day at a time on your preparation is the way to go........ and the lack of response has nothing to do with your cutting back before stopping. We all go about it in different ways and the only important thing is that we all end up as non smokers as soon as we can. I think that from reading other replies that your post was hidden in the middle of another thread somewhere. So once again, welcome to the best bunch of people on the planet when it comes to hugs for quitters. Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 211 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome in Moots I didn't see your other post but am sure glad to see you've joined us here. You are doing a great thing for yourself. Plan your quit and then just go for it. If you have problems holler. vicki just 1 puff away from 2 packs a day
18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gosh, I feel so much better. Thanks to everyone for responding. This is such a hard thing to do, but I know I can with your support. When I read all the messages, I cried. It really touched me. On my birthday, I will be fifty years old. As I always tell my sisters, "We may be getting older, but were still good looking." With your support, I know I will live to grow old with my family. No one in my family smokes accept for me. Another reason to put these beasts down!! Thanks you guys. Moots

Reading this thread: