Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

4 months

11 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Litsa,

Congrats on 4 months!   There is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel and it's so bright and hopeful for a great free life!

Use search on this site for a load of stuff on Anger Management.  It was one of my problems too!

Love Lolly.  
11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There you go, girl!!! 

A reward a day    keeps the demon away!!! 

Jim

• Quit Meter

$44,280.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 17

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As I sit here, partaking of my reward (a glass of wine - clink, Jim!) and an extremely stressful day behind me I really needed to read all of your posts. I was really angry today and I have worked out that anger is a huge trigger for me. I have timed the craves today and they have DEFINITELY lasted longer than 3-5 minutes. All your words have helped by calming me down. Thanks, everyone!
11 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go, Litza! I hadn't seen you here in a while; it's good to know that you are still on that wagon and have gone 1/3 of a year smoke-free. 

All the advice here about the craves is good. Only idea I might add is to simply accept the craves. Accept them in terms of "Yes, this will happen sometimes, but I will live through it." And that really is the truth. You can and will live through any of these momentary craves....But if you choose to smoke more cigarettes, that can actually kill you.  
  • Quit Meter

$22,551.85

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 602 Hours: 19

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Litsa, it may be that you are fixating on cigarettes. Remembering that one great smoke you think you had. Of course you are NOT remembering all the BAD cigarettes, all the coughing, all the heart ache. Please don't romanticize about those things. They were killing you then and they will do it again if you let it back into your life, Don't allow that dismal scenario back in your life Litsa. 
11 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Taking it one day at a time, deep breathing, and being happy that you are no longer a smoker give you the tools you need to continue to succeed on this non smoking journey you've embarked on Litsa!  Congratulations on your 4 month winning attitude.  I hope you've found a great way to celebrate this achievement too : )
11 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on your 4 months Litsa. Your doing great at 1/3 of a year !!!
I found that my craves really dropped off when I thought of myself as a Non smoker rather than someone trying to quit.
Wishing you continued strength in your quit.
11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Litsa!!!

Wooo hoooo for you!!!  Another smoke-free month under your belt... great accomplishment!!!    If you are like many who have been on this journey, you'll experience those craves for a while.  Just remember... they ARE going to become weaker and weaker and further apart!  It sounds like your demon IS dying a slow death and pulling out every stop to gain control over you again.  Some people say that they have to go through a whole year and experience those different triggers that popped up in the different seasons before most of those little craves finally died away.  You just have to acknowledge the crave, deal with it with a couple deep breaths and then be ever so grateful that you don't have to smoke to deal with that particular trigger ever again!  That part always empowered me... like being able to give the demon another slap! 

Anyways, another month down and time once again for a reward, right!   Keep them coming, as they keep the demon running!

CLINK!!! 

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,280.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 17

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Lista!

Deep breathing is a great coping strategy when trying to get through a craving. Have you been able to pin point any craving triggers?  Understanding your triggers and then planning coping strategies or avoiding these triggers can help.

Keep on fighting! Each day will get easier.

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 410 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on those four months Litza! Remember when four hours seemed like eternity? If you keep doing what you said in your last sentence, you will be happy you don't have to smoke today! Promise!
All the best,
Cameless

Reading this thread: