Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.765 posts in 47.065 threads.

161,149 Members

Please welcome our newest members: sebbes, Petra23, Mimi34, istruggle4life, schcgtest1

IMPALAMANIA IS ON THE BEACH

15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Impalamania,

Thank you for sharing this. It really sounds like you have been through some incredible changes over the past 100 days.

Keep up the great work!

Sarah, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Dave!!!

Congratulations on making it to the beach!!!  I'd like to be the first to offer you a nice cool refreshing beverage at the hoppin' beach bar!!!  So step right up...  I'm sure that there are others that will get in line to buy you one!!!  I'll be off the antibiotics and will join you in a liquid refreshment next week!!! 

You really have had an eventful first 100 smoke-free days!!!  Some were good and some were definitely the craps!!!  The thing is...  YOU MADE IT!!!   Celebrate big time and just know that from here on out it does get better and better!!!

Way to go, buddy!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 420
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,500
Amount Saved: $1,732.50
Life Gained:
Days: 71 Hrs: 4 Mins: 45 Seconds: 37

• Quit Meter

$45,457.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1088 Hours: 0

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 278 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Dave, way to hit the beach.  Great post!  Enjoy scaring off the nicodemon on the beach with that thong... yikes.   You've made it through an eventful quit, keep that quit going!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/3/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 26
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 390
Amount Saved: $195.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 21 Mins: 3 Seconds: 49

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dave that was one brilliant post- I think each of us could take at least a few of your 100 and apply them to our quits too. Well done on getting here 100 days is quite an achievement.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 354
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,850
Amount Saved: $5,310.00
Life Gained:
Days: 41 Hrs: 18 Mins: 36 Seconds: 18

15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Dave...................
You earned it!!!!!!

I'll just be able copy and paste most of your post if anyone asks about my first 100 days.......
It's QUITE a trip......and you helped me get there........soon anyway.
Thanks Buddy.......Truly great Quitting with you and having you show me the way.

Hugggg
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 92
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,760
Amount Saved: $386.40
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 7 Mins: 6 Seconds: 4

15 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Dave!!!!!  The beach is a pretty awesome place to be...and you've been keepin' yourself real busy on your way here.  That's the way to get the job done.  The ups and downs that go with that first 100 days can get pretty hairy, but when the good moments shine through, they REALLY shine.  So much to be said for giving up smoking.
Hope you get a good suntan in that thong!!!!!

Keep that quit going strong,
Cheers,
Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 458
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,450
Amount Saved: $3,778.50
Life Gained:
Days: 52 Hrs: 1 Mins: 9 Seconds: 2

15 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In the past 100 days I have become wiser.  I have been angry, sad, sleepless, unable to focus and always hungry.  I’ve had countless craves, yearnings and desires.  I have argued and been unbearable at times to my family and colleagues.  I gained weight. I have spoken my mind (and not always in a PC fashion). I have napped.  I have grieved.  I have feared.  I have been depressed and anxious. I have dreamed.  I have had night sweats.  I have chewed mints, tootsie rolls, suckers, gum, straws, stir sticks, paperclips, pen caps and anything that won’t eat me first.  I have wallowed in self-pity.  I have seen the light.  I have been on a rollercoaster ride.  I quit smoking.

I revitalized my relationship with God.  I contemplated exercising.  I grilled steak.  I drank beer.  I have improved circulation to my hair, fingers and toes.  I had sex.  I spent time visiting with family and colleagues.  I shoveled snow.  I had my teeth cleaned.  I paid taxes.  I have enjoyed glazed donuts with my coffee.  I outgrew my sport coats.  I have surfed deeply into the bowels of the internet, namely SSC and Facebook.  I read a book or two.  I awakened my taste buds with Szechuan seafood.  I have taken a walk in the snow.  I have taken photographs.  I have allergies.  I tinkered with the old car.  I weeded and mulched the yard.  I placed hanging baskets on the porch.  I spent hours on the front porch swing just a-swinging.  I worked.  I played video games.  I talked with neighbors.  I hid Easter Eggs with my 22- and 25-year-old babies.  I washed the house.  I redid the upstairs floors.  I painted the bedroom and dining room.  I cheered the Steelers and Penguins through the playoffs.  I have laughed.  I have cried.  I have saved $775.  I have cash in my wallet.  I have a plan for financial freedom.  I added 16 days to my existence.  I went to Cessation Class as an ex-smoker.  I have spare time.  I have a spare tire.  I have life.  I am the most important person here.  I have opened my heart.  I am grateful.  I am liberated.

That pretty much sums up the past 100 days.

I came to this site looking for help, looking for support, guidance and anything else to help me in my quit.  What I found were strangers that became friends who need me as much as I need them. Together we are overcoming one of life’s most powerful addictions.

I am learning to live a life that is not ruled by addiction. This is just the beginning of the journey.  Your friendship and encouragement is helping me live beyond my addiction.

As for a reward?  Really going to shake it up.  Speedos are for sissies.  I'm hitting the beach in my thong!  I will scare the demon away!!!!! 

Keep the Quit!!!!

Dave

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/19/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 100
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,000
Amount Saved: $787.50
Life Gained:
Days: 16 Hrs: 8 Mins: 11 Seconds: 38

• Quit Meter

$51,918.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1199 Hours: 14

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great job dave this is quite an accomplishment.  So what is your reward going to be??
Kaiser

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 273
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,825
Amount Saved: $341.25
Life Gained:
Days: 55 Hrs: 0 Mins: 19 Seconds: 20

Reading this thread: