Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Mid life crisis and quitting

13 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Seriously though deb, I was riding in the fast lane of the pity highway.... It only leads to a brick wall.
Stick with it..... im rootin' for ya!
I am firm beleiver that laughter is the best medicine. With that said....Lets play doctor!
13 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm dying!

Here I am trying to have a pity party with my withdrawals, and you dudes are making me laugh so hard that that is impossible.

Good medicine.

Deb
Oh my freakin' god Pete! I was laughing so hard!

Hey you forgot to mention "manscaping" .

Hey pete drew the line....I had to cross it!
13 years ago 0 206 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's really more of a metrosexual cave.  We sit around critiquing each other's hair tints, manicures, and fake tans.  We also listen to emo music and sigh a lot.  But we admire out nicotene-stain-free fingers and spray each other with cologne testers we stole from the outlet mall.  Sometimes we drink appletinis on Friday nights, but only one each because of what they can do to your skin tone, you know?

(I would give anything to see the look on Dunedude's face when he reads this!)
13 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey there Peteg, Dude and other guy related poster boys!
I'm agreeing with loving that Lainey pops on the site here - and smothers the board with a flurry of great advice & positive attitude stuff for us to sink our newly cut non smoking teeth into! Thanks!
And Hey! If Aloha is getting dragged in here; all dancin' in her undies, then I think she needs a chaperone besides Lainey!  Anyway I want to come to the man cave 2! I can hoark very good lately too U NO! BTW, does snoring count?  Been told I can break the decibel barrier with that when I've partied a bit too hardy  sigh!
Oh . . .wait a min - should it be called the man Non-cave??? In honor of Non-caving to the Macho sized man craving?? 
ROFL on your trainer's Olympic lifts Pete!  Have U been practicing 2?  Exercise is one of the best ways to stiffen your resolve; it keeps you busy while saying NOPE! Seems above board to me.  Hope U R all doin' great with Olympic sized NOPEs today - and forever!! 
13 years ago 0 206 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lainey -- It's SO cool that you're still here!!  Thanks for all your encouragement!
Vincenza -- Welcome, and thanks for asking about the surgery.  It went fine... more like a scrape job than surgery, but I'm still too much of a wuss to take off the bandage and look at the site.  I'll just assume it's doing what it's supposed to be doing!

Aloha, if you leave us, I'll have to hunt you down and bonk you on the head with my club and drag you back to our man cave.

I KNOW this is going to get censured/deleted, but speaking of guy things:  I work with a trainer at my local gym, and he was telling me about this new olympic lifting thing he's doing now.  He said (and I kid you not), "We get together and do power jerks."  I spit my water halfway across the gym and haven't stopped laughing yet!  And he's like, "What??"

--peteg
13 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys!  I do remember the first weeks and the phlegm is pretty normal Dunedad!
I do recall the coughing up of some lovely brown crud that scared the crap out of me, but that is pretty common too. And yes, the ability to breathe without wheezing was and is a great treat, and well worth the quit!
I am glad to see you guys are kicking some ash. Having a great quit buddy makes it all so much easier!
Dunedad, I think that first 'rush' will always be there. (I know because I have quit soooo many times) but as a non smoker, you will quickly learn that it just isn't worth it anymore. I got to the point where I wanted to quit so badly that nothing can make me smoke again. Its been four years and I very very seldom think about smoking. There is the very rare occasion when around smokers, and it even smells good, for a second or two before my conscience sets me straight. My buy line of "Smoking is NOT an option" saved me many of those first days.
Be very very proud of yourselves and keep on going guys, it is a remarkable journey.
Plan ahead for stressful times, so that you are ready for anything and you will sail along smoothly.
Be a quitter! We love quitters around here!

13 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm still keeping my distance, cause I have a feeling you guys can spit quite a distance. Every time I try to spit it dribbles down my chin. What a girl! sheesh.
13 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pete,

Thanks for sharing and hope the surgery went well!

Reading this thread: