Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Need Support

16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just read your post - I am so glad that your husband did not enjoy that cigarette!!! Keep the quit - both of you are doing great! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 120 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,814 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $504 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the kind words Big Bertha. I am feeling stronger every day! Hubby hasn't smoked any more since the other night and I'm happy for him. Another thing I learned from this experience is that this quit is mine and mine alone. I'm planning on keeping it! Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 735 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you on not giving in. Of course, we wish your hubby had not, but perhaps he will give it another try. Some take longer than others. Unfortunately now, you have places around your home that you really should not go--at least for more time on the meter. You just keep thinking you are doing this for you. That is what I had to keep in mind so often. Before my friends had wanted me to not smoking, second hand smoke, etc... I tried but was never successful because when the demon started telling me just to find new friends, etc. I would go back to smoking. This time I told my friends and family it was not for them--it was for me. So far, so good.. Keep it up... Stay posted and don't look for hubbies' smokes... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 112 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,768 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1344 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Boxerfan, you are doing a great job, look at all those smoke free days. Remember those first few days and how far you've come. Keep reading and posting, you've come to the right place, things will get better. Stay strong Kygirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,274 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $360 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
Glad to know that the Chantix has worked well for you. LOOK at that FANTASTIC 240 days smokefree!! Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 719 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My hubby and I initially quit together with patches. On May 23 he will have a year. I, however, stumbled and struggled for the longest time, it seems. I am ever so grateful for Chantix being approved just as I was about to throw in the towel again... Hubby and I remain smoke-free. When I slipped, I half way expected him to go back to smoking also. He was my example and I am thankful he was strong when I was weak.... Your the example for him! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 240 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,044 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1920 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
Gonnadoit, Yes, he is still taking the Chantix. He just smoked the one cig last night and then complained because as you said he didn't feel the "kick". I'm glad he's hanging in there. It is my quit and I am protecting it with care...it is very important to me! I've gained so much that I'm not willing to give up. Last night, I came here and read posts, and I also looked at my meter. I thought to myself...I've said no to over 700 cigarettes and that is something to be proud of. I CAN keep my quit. I've worked too hard to let go of it because of a few craves. Thanks again, Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 718 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit with Chantix as well. Is your hubby still taking Chantix? I hope so. Because even if you slip and smoke again while you are taking it, all the nicotine is not reaching your brain, so you don't get that 'kick' like you used to. That is why Chantix is meant to be taken for 12 to 24 weeks. The recividism of smokers is very high during that time period. It is not too late for him to rejoin you on the quit process. Might be worth a discussion...... But, in any event, your quit is yours, and it is so worth keeping. My son smokes and I know where his cigs are kept as well. What a temptation during times of stress. But....you have to want to quit more than you want to smoke. Draw on that inner strength that has brought you this far already. Hubby just might follow suit..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 240 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,044 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1920 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
Hello all, First I want to thank you all so much for your encouragement and support. I always try to look at the positive side of things and I have learned something from my husband's slip. He smoked one cig last night and when he came back inside he said it was terrible (he didn't get the same enjoyment). This was encouraging to me because of the thought that it would take quite a bit of effort to go back to smoking while using this medication (Chantix). I didn't know how things would be today (didn't know if when he got up this morning he would smoke more). Well, he hasn't and he is continuing to take his medication. We had a nice heart to heart talk and shared a lot with each other. I know that neither of us are perfect, and are both capable of relapsing. I encouraged him to destroy the cigs and he said he would do it. I do know that I have to be prepared for any and all possibilities in the future. This is one of the most difficult and important things I've ever done for myself and I am feeling PROUD that I will have 40 days tomorrow! Thanks again to all of you for your support! Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 716 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Boxerfan, You've gotten some great responses from your fellow quitters. Just as it has been said it can be done! This quit is yours & yours alone and this new challenge will get easier to overcome as time passes and you continue to utilize your coping strategies. Keep persevering! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: