Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Sneak attack on Day 8

17 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The car is where I caved. Be strong. I know its hard and why is the car the worst place of all? Does anyone have an answer for that? I did so well for 20 days and then smoked in the car. Could be because my husband lit one up and I just didn't fight the urge hard enough. Good luck to you today. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 109 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MomMom, DON'T DO IT.....I UNDERSTAND.. I HEAR YA...but don't do it. I think these days come outta no where now and then. I am week four...and am very commited...but YIKES!! I am having a bad day today myself. Did you ever wonder if it has something to do with some cosmic force. like the moon is full or something.... or some barametric pressure in the atmosphere? The moon effects the ocean tides... and they say more babies are born during the full moon. LOL LOL I don't even know if there is a full moon or not. Well.... hang in there. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 630 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $138.57 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am here! Things are going pretty well, even the chocolate addiction is easing somewhat. On to.....JELLYBEANS! Currently wiping my eyes from reading the posting from Nurse29. Cravings have eased, still have a couple per day, nothing major. If it stays this way, I know I can make it. If it gets harder, I will just have to rely on all of you for support and I know I can make it! I now understand why it's called Hell week and Heck week. How apt! Many thanks to all! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 345 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $53.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
Okay, so my arm is aching from patting myself on the back for making it through Hell week. Today the cravings are stronger than ever. I know now that it's nothing I cannot handle, but today is worse than all last week. I don't know if I have enough hard candy on hand and I probably gained 2 pounds already today! It was a strong urge in the car this morning, and I haven't smoked in the car for 3 weeks! I was hoping that this would be even easier, but maybe last week was just the 'calm before the storm'. Normal? MomMom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 223 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
Thanks to everyone for your helpful suggestions. Rest assured, I WILL NOT SMOKE today, or any other day for the rest of my life. This afternoon is a little better so far, I think lunch helped (lots of rabbit food). I would be much happier if I could just leave work now (yeah, like that's possible: "Excuse me, I have to go home because I am craving a smoke")and crawl under the covers in my cozy flannel jammies and sleep until tomorrow. I am having the 'out of body' experience that others have reported also. This has to be the worst day so far. But it's only one day out of the rest of my life, tomorrow will be better I am sure. Thanks again, it's so nice to know that you are here watching out for me. I will return the favor, I promise! Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 226 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MomMom....keep patting yourself on the back and I'll help while you fight the crave. Some days are just like that, but in general they will get better and better. Do your deep breathing, distract, delay do whatever it takes, just don't smoke. I find not fighting, but acknowledging that it's just the addiction speaking will get me past it faster. Look for what's triggering you and then make a plan to avoid it in the future. Keep your water bottle, sunflower seeds or whatever works for you in the car...crank up the tunes, roll down the window, or sing like no one can hear you. Call 911 for Magic help if all else fails. We're here for you.... Pat :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 978 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$120,787.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 962 Hours: 3

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mom, where are you? I can't find a post from you later than the 21st. Of course, my eyes are really tired right now. Post and let us hear how you're doing, okay? Today is my 6th day. Well, I just went into a full week. Yee Haw!! The 6th day was pretty easy but this evening, craves, craves, and more craves. I'm NOT giving in again. Nope, I won't do it. Let me know how you're doing. I'm so sorry you've had a hard day and I wish I had found this post sooner. You hang in there. You're doing great.....SO great. I Need You Here With Me, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 387 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.53 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Den2, I know how you feel. Waking up without that cigarette is miserable. I remind myself that it's the addict in me wanting it's fix. Still miserable though, huh? Well, they say it'll get easier over time and I have to believe that. I'm finishing up my 7th Day and this morning was the first morning that I didn't think of a cigarette withing 2 or 3 minutes after waking up. Every day it's been a big, ole let down for that cigarette not to be there. But, I do believe it'll get easier. You've done a great job on your quit. Look at your stats!!!! That's wonderful so you know you don't want to throw in the towel now and start over. Keep talking to us during this stressful time in your life, okay? That's a must. And pull out some of those tools you were using at the beginning of your quit. Like lots and lots of water to help with the cravings. Hang in there, Okay? Keep talking to us. You've done a fantastic job so far and you can do keep right on trucking. Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In the car to kick it... I chewed on straws, or ate peanuts, and drank lots of water auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,773 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $261.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Waking up without a cig is like nothing from before. Its a painful experience believe it or not? Got throughy another Sundfay weekends are by far the worst. Lots happening in my world 41 year old ex employee dies of heart attack last week. The wake was a drag met the previous owner of the business I bought still a nice guy,first thing he asked me after not seeing me in 20 years was , do you still smoke I was happy to report no however am still really shaky on this quit, and was not feeling in the best of health for this event I'm hoping time will improve things, Please let it be so. This morning I blew up on my wife she means well but seems able to find my trigger real easy these days with me having quit this stupid habit. Sanding drywall is not my favourite thing to do under these circumstances. Good luck to all hope your quit works out for the good. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 505 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $500 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26

Reading this thread: