Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,781 Members

Please welcome our newest members: LBUELA, RBORBON, ATIQUI, A_Cyclist, Cecilia_EH

And there it was in my lap

17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today was the first day that I seriously thought about smoking since that first hell week. I am so thankful that all of you people are on here and I can read to see what others are going through and give me some inspiration. I quit once a couple years ago for a few months but only because I had pneumonia so bad I couldn't breath. This time the quit is because I want to and I am hanging on to every word you guys says to get me through this. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 329 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dune, Dune, Dune, Is not "I distinctly recall saying to myself "not yet" ITS, NEVER AGAIN!! Its " I DONT NEED THIS CRAP" Its "I HATE YOU AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO MY LIFE AND THE LIVES OF MY LOVED ONES" You have no options, you control IT! You make the choices, it dont make them for you! You let this in your brain years ago, it's yours. The craving is yours, you control it!! You decide when it should go away, you decide what to do with it in the same way you decide what route to take to your inlaws! YOU MAKE THE RULES!!! NOT IT! It dont have a brain, you do! When the craving and its components start to apear, you decide how you want it to go away! For me, its a matter of telling it, "hey, no more will you hurt me or my family, take a hike but come back soon so I can dump your ash again" Sory to be so graphic, but it dont care about you! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 128 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sorry did not put in my stats.. KTQ.. Nico [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 139 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
haha just call me Nico... =) KTQ.. Nico
Congratulations Dune!! I would not worry about "not yet" it was probably a good way to get through that moment. I have said to myself when I have had a really really bad crave "I will have one later" no intention of actually having one, but it gives me a moment to collect my thoughts and stay on track. I think you did a GREAT job of getting rid of the need at that moment. Next time I get a strong crave maybe I will try the "not yet" approach... good job man hope I am as strong as you! KTQ... Nicodemon
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Hosss, I am right there with you. I've had pneumonia every year for the past 4 or 5 years....and countless bronchitis episodes, and I'm done being sick. Smoking isn't doing one good thing for us. We just have to be patient withourselves as we quit to retrain ourselves that we CAN live without smoking. Keep reading and posting....your doing great!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 648 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $159.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dunedad So very proud of you, you did the right thing for yourself. I have found this holiday weekend (myself) more difficult than the past two weeks...the thoughts of cig's are ringing in my head. For me, it's about habit and associating holiday's with smoking, new triggers. It's been difficult, but managable. We are so proud of ourselves at making it through the first two weeks, but we have to still stay tough today, tomorrow and the days after that. The thoughts and trigger's are going to creep into our heads, and they will come out of God only knows where, but we have to take it one moment at a time. Good for you for littering (lol), what ever it takes to rid ourselves of this addiction. Have a great rest of the weekend. Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 411 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dunedad, Is it possible that you were saying "I'm "not yet" ready for a temptation this strong"? Is it possible that you were saying "I'm "not yet" ready to give up my quit b/c today there isn't a good enough reason? (and I haven't found a good enough reason yet and hope I never do)" Is it possible that you were saying "Not yet", as in "and yet the danger remains so I say "Not "yet" - be gone deamon." It helps to see one as strong as you in this battle. Even if you may not feel strong, you evidenced strength that champions our side. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 87 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Kevin! You kept strong :) Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 464 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $207 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow -- you did it, dunedude!! I'm really proud of you! Happy Thanksgiving, bud. peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,217 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $132 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38

Reading this thread: