Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Almost 2 yr quit in jepardy

17 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh, Leslie, I'm so sorry you're going through this hard time. Keep coming here if it'll help you. We are all here to listen and we really do care because we all face similar problems at some point or another. Big hugs to you!!! Hang in there! T. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 78 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$15,009.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 368 Hours: 18

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Koala. It is wonderful to meet you. I feel almost funny giving you advice as you have been quit for so long now and I have only been quit for 5 days. My thoughts after reading your post is this: You have had a rough year. Don't add another disappointment to it. Do not let the downs of life take away your 'quit' accomplishment. Instead look to your 'quit' accomplishment for strength and empowerment to draw on for the other aspects of your life. Smoking will only provide a so called 'quick fix' to the stresses of life. You know in all honestly though that smoking fixes nothing. It will only add to burdens. Do not give in, do not let anything take away from your 'quit' accomplishment. Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the highroad to pride, self-esteem, and personal satisfaction. Do not stop and waste your money on smokes ... and definitely don't chew your arm off ... it would not be a pretty sight. :) (((((cyberhug))))) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 171 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$54,512.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 7

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am really happy to hear that you hung in there Koala! I laughed at what your husband said ... sounds like something mine would say! heh :)
  • Quit Meter

$54,512.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 7

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow! That was a rollercoaster! I am so glad you made it through Koala, you are an inspiration to this newbie! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 93 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$44,972.73

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5159 Hours: 0

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Koala, Keep hanging in there. You're doing great! Danielle __________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Koala. Nothing else I can add in here that either you don't already know or hasn't been posted already. I just wanted to add this in: I'm thinking about you, and sending you positive thoughts. Also this from the "Junkie Thinking" thread - [b]Junkie Thinking:[/b] I really need to smoke now. I'm so upset. [b]The Truth:[/b] Smoking is NOT going to fix anything. [i]I will still be upset, I will just be an upset smoker.[/i] I never HAVE to have a cigarette. Smoking is not a need. It is a want. Once the crisis is over (and it will be over eventually), I'll be relieved and grateful that I am STILL NOT SMOKING. That has been a very powerful passage for me. Perhaps it will offer something to you as well. Please take care - Bingo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 528 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lesley, First things first. Congratulations on a fantastic quit! However after all this time, you must know that: A single cigarette will not make you feel better; it will taste absolutely awful and you will feel guilt-ridden for doing it. You say 'I can actully see my self stopping to get gas tonight and buying a 20 pack of smokes and hiding them in my car so no one knows' YOU quit for YOU, you can't hide from yourself. I hope you stay quit - please let us know By the way, thanks for reassurances '98% of the time I don't think about or want a smoke', new quitters need to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel Take Care Mr Ed :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,860 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �712.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
STOP and take a deep breath! Your stats are amazing and I can't wait to be where you are right now. Look at your ticker, WOW! You are so strong and have made it that far, your to the point of no return. Don't give in, stay strong... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 74 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you! I hope your crave passed and you didn't cave! Keep us posted! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 88 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Leslie- first of all....DON'T YOU DARE be so dumb as to think your life will get better by smoking. It will get worse. Secondly, thank you for letting all of us know that this is one hell of an addiction and being complacent or smug about time frames is dangerous. Thirdly, more like the first, but kinder; I'm sorry things are glum in your life. Please don't make them worse by re-engaging this addiction. :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,588 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $801 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9

Reading this thread: