Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.765 posts in 47.065 threads.

161,138 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Petra23, Mimi34, istruggle4life, schcgtest1, FeelingD0wn

OMG a work trigger

18 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh... I've not gained any weight during my quit and as a matter of fact I lost a pound since yesterday. THAT alone will carry me through the day...all I gotta do is remember I lost that pound and I'll get an instant smile. Why? Ok....since you asked ::grin:: In the 12 months I've shed 65 pounds...the healthy way. One of my fears about quitting smoking was the weight issue but, I had it in the back of my mind *always* that I wanted to quit smoking. I've made numerous attempts at it in the last 3 years. Yep, two battles at the same time. However, quitting smoking became really important to me when I met and fell in love with someone four months ago. In 6 months I hit 50 folks and its looking like a whole new ballgame for me! I want it with clean lungs! Hugs to all Ln [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 213 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eve, I am so sorry no one was here when you yelled out!! Ya know, you posted (a while ago) about surrounding yourself with positive people, well I just wanted to let you know that you truely are one of those! You brighten lots of people's worlds. I'm sure that lady felt it, and the only way for her to respond is to feel more powerful so that she feels she is still the best. Does that make sense?? You do rub off on others. I admire your outlook on life, how you are so enthusiastic, and supportive to others! Keep smiling - don't let anybody take that away from you!! I hope you got the rest you so well needed!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,363 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $147.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
18 years ago 0 128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eve, I'm sorry no one was here when you needed us. I just found your post and I pray you got off early and went to give yourself a treat. The reason I said that is "YOU DIDN'T GO OFF" On that terrible rude lady. So it was your fault that person wasn't in???? Please give you a break.... Since I quit smoking I now understand road rage. Not that I'd do anything but I keep my windows up so no one can hear me but the seats. I use to just let anything go by smile and say bless you. NOW.....Well lets not say what I say. haha I hope you got through ok. Lana [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,997 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $495 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1

Reading this thread: