Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,840 Members

Please welcome our newest members: maddshp, Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA

OMG a work trigger

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ln, Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns here with us. I too also think that a C.A.R.E thread sounds great. Remember to try to keep it on smoking cessation. ;p Have a great day, Melanie ______________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ln, Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns here with us. I too also think that a C.A.R.E thread sounds great. Remember to try to keep it on smoking cessation.
18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ln, THANK YOU. I AM SO PROUD YOU ARE PART OF THE C.A.R.E.!!! Messenger problem-not solved. I know you would think that would be the best way to get on and talk to someone right away but alas I suppose for me it was not meant to be. Seems Melanie and Casey BOTH sent my request for help on the messenger to their IT dept, but noone has emailed me or gotten back thus far, and so I am going to have to find an alternative method for instantg messenger. For whatever reason, it just isn't working for me. And it sucks. BIG TIME. But I am dealing with it. Perhaps we can start a C.A.R.E. support thread for our group, maybe in the "Common Support.." Forum, then whenver we need each other we will see that thread bumped up knowing one of us has posted a crave/trigger. What are your thoughts on that?? 4my2girls, THANK YOU. ..."You brighten lots of people's worlds. I'm sure that lady felt it, and the only way for her to respond is to feel more powerful so that she feels she is still the best. Does that make sense?? "... OMG yesh! Now that it is a new day I am looking at things from a different perspective, and that it is really hitting the nail where it counts, on the head. LOL. Yeah makes alot of sense. Thank you for your amazing kindness...it is really very much needed right now, you have no idea, well maybe ya do :) THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR AMAZING COMPASSION AND UNDERSTANDING. MUCH LOVE, MANY HUGZ, AND ABUNDANT BLESSINGS, EVE C.A.R.E. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 92 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
Hey all, I can't believe it. Well I suppose this is one of the things I am going to have to deal with now too. I was just triggerred by that 'looked down upon' type of personality. This woman came into the office, and you know sometimes how you can just 'feel' that JUDGMENT coming from someone for whatever reason...normally it is because they are insecure about themselves OR they are jealous OR BOTH. *Well IMO NOONE HAS THAT RIGHT WE ARE ALL THE SAME FOR GODS SAKE (ranting) grrrr and GRR!*. This woman stared at me and I mean STARED (you could feel her cold icebergy glare from JUPITER!!) This is the kind of thing I had to stare back in her face and explain why the program admin is not here today to go to the financials meeting, and as I explain to her, she gives me this look like I had done and killed her puppy or something very peculiar, and I can't put my finger on it either, but normally after a frigid encounter such as that I would run for a butt!! And boy would I inhale it, big time. I don't have any on me, but I DO know where to find one. there are plenty of people around here I could go get one from, right now. Well I just had to post this because I did say I would come here and post if I was triggered at work. God bless my heart, please. Eve [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 86 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
well its been almost 45 minutes no response i am leaving work ealry today
Thanks Casey and Lana, and don't worry I did NOT light up! Honestly I was just way too triggered to stick around and read anymore. Luckily I left early and just in the 'nic' o' time. I was just wanting a smoke so bad because of that woman, bless her heart! what a trigger!!! Well I escaped at 4:30 and as soon as I got to my car I cried, and was parked in the big garage today so it was a bit dim in there and plenty of room for making my tears 'undetectable' while warming up the car. At any rate, I called my salon and made an appt. for tonight at 7. Unfortunately when I got home that's when I really burst into tears and plummeted onto the bed. Balled for almost 2hrs. Got up to check the time at 6:50pm - looked in mirror at red puffy eyes and teary face and said no way-called the salon and rescheduled for next night. So yeah I'm gonna treat myself but it will have to take place when I am feeling up to it. For tonight, I think a Cadbury caramel chocolate egg will do just fine. I did realize something while laying on the bed balling- the smoke I wanted so bad really would NOT have cured anything or made me feel better or solved the problem. It would have been a TEMPORARY relief of an ONGOING PROBLEM! So it kinda hit me where it hurts (and quite literally!) to have to look at what the REAL reason was for that trigger. My next thought was, 'it's hard to believe such a beautiful world exists in here but there is such an ugly one right out here' and how can they exist at the same time, one so lovely and the other so horrid. Well I have no answer for that. The only thing I can think of is that these ugly things in the 'outside' world have been going on since before the beginning of time. Even the caveman had his bad day at the cave, with the cave boss running around clubbing everyone who didn't know where the 'cave admin' was. So I know that we alone are not responsible for the worlds' ugliness or non-anger management issues...but we have to heal the wounds that exist within us if we are to be strong in every part of our lives and in the rest of the world too, even the not-so-pretty parts of it. So I reflected back on how that woman made me feel. And since it has REALLY been awhile since I chose to go within myself and face my triggers (I've done lots of healing work
Ln I agree also, and I had thought of the same thing. This is a group like an AA except it's SA or NA or SNA (somebdy help me here on this one pls :blush:) I think we culd call it the CARE Thread or the Care support or smething, the only catch is that I may be taking tomorrow and Friday off. However I don't know if off means just off from work, i dont know that I wil not come here, in fact I probably will be checking in at least 2x a day, am and pm. so if anything i will do my best to be around. In fact I may start the thread just to check in with you and whoever is up in the morning. i'm sp tired right now i cant believe i havent falled over yet, going to bed now. hugs, eve [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 97 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'd did some perusing around the Forum and see a number of Threads specific to groups. Where would you want to put the Thread and I will be happy to keep a close eye on it till you get back to more frequent visits. This can't all fall on one person's shoulders folks. It has to be a team effort to keep one another up and motivated when we are at our weakest. We all want to succeed at this! To do so, we all must help to hold one another up as needed...in return, each member will be assured of support when they are in most need of it. Fact is that there are moments in this process that continue to surprise me and shove me off guard. Apparently, in my reading other members posts, I'm not alone in this phenomena. I get my eyes slammed by tears of emotions I've never felt. I HAVE NEVER cried this much in my life! Everything hits me wrong. I take offense where none was intended and, I have proven to myself over and over again that my emotions are off the chart and not to be trusted at this time. I am assured by other memebers posts that this insanity will begin to subside soon. I hope to heavens so...its driving me crazier!!!! What I'm hoping for is a place to go where I can cry, whine, snivel, get a boot when it seems appropriate and a lifesaving hand to reach for when the desire for a cigarette is so bad immediate help is needed. So, I'm in...point me in the right direction please. Ln [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Eve, Frankly I wouldn't mind giving an alternative IM program address 'cept I have no intentions of posting that info on the Forum. A topic for the C.A.R.E. group would be a good alternative. Ln [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 217 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
Eve, We are going to have to figure out a way for out group to get hold of one another during times such as what you went through yesterday. Sorry I wasn't here...though it sounds like you had quite a nice little journey within that will help you out the next time you come across someone like that woman again. Yes, I am in full agreement when it comes to the kind of hoity behavior that woman tried to inflict on you. Just to let you know...I am so very proud of you and how you got through that particular craving. Well done! This morning I had my worst craving yet. I am at the 3 week mark now. After today, this will be my longest quit, this will be my LAST QUIT!!! But whoooooeeeeeeee that craving this morning nearly got me! I woke up with it and it stayed with me for what seemed like an eternity...probably was only a few minutes but, it sure didn't seem like it! I'm fine now and have read myself back into positive thought-waves that should carry me through the next one just fine.... I AM GONNA BEAT THIS DANG IT, (not quite the way I wanted to say that, but it will suffice for the moment.) How is getting the SSC Messenger problem solving going? That sure would help a lot to find someone to grab and talk through those moments! Ln [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 213 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19

Reading this thread: